What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Feeling old today so this one fits the mood....
20190415_083811.jpg

An ultra hollow Engström from the late 1890's.
I found an unopened tub of Razorrock XXX I bought five years ago when it was most hyped. It had magnificent latherability, but that was about it. Most soaps gets a second chance, but I don't think XXX will.
20190414_165152.jpg

An ultra hollow Engström from the late 1890's.
I found an unopened tub of Razorrock XXX I bought five years ago when it was most hyped. It had magnificent latherability, but that was about it. Most soaps gets a second chance, but I don't think XXX will.
View attachment 972580
I had the same experience...just about 5 years ago. I own several razorock products, but I haven't revisited their soap.

Broke out the little Parker SR-1 for a drive after about a year and a half...took a couple passes and many touch-ups, but it's close, with no cuts.

Tonights Shave

Tanifuji No 1
RazoRock xXx
Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Dior - Fahrenheit EDP

I wanted to test this razor and with 4 days growth, it mowed the lot in 2 passes DFS so I would say that was a great result.

37.jpg

Took this one of the stones last night. Based on this morning's test server I have a little more work to do, but it shaves.

W&B Frameback
C & E West India Lime
Omega Boar

IMG_20190415_062933.jpg

7/8 W. Greaves and sons
Used my crusty Greaves Wedge.I honed her to see what type of edge she would take before beginning a restore .Honed her on Sharpton Glass up to 8K and finished with Couticle than a Thuri.She shaves wonderfully with a super smooth and keen edge.This old girl deserves a proper restore .
rps20190416_005320_934.jpg

Top Bottom