What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XI

D5B15776-7309-48C2-AB3A-B65CAB324D73.jpeg
32A233A4-9191-4F17-9F0D-CC2F9A86B33A.jpeg
11 1/2 hours for a 6 lb. brisket? The stall was insane. However when all was said and done.....
32A233A4-9191-4F17-9F0D-CC2F9A86B33A.jpeg

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That is a wicked stall for that size one. Glad one of the tornadoes didn't eat it.

You do know plated pics are mandatory.

That looks great! I did a brisket flat from Costco a couple weeks ago and had the same issue. It just didn’t want to finish. I think mine was on 11 hours or so for about the same size.

A17B7953-0D33-44D4-97D4-AFBACDB182F2.jpeg
Had to use the Texas Crutch for this one. Bought a roll of butcher paper earlier today from Amazon for future stalls.

Last edited:
Ribs last week with Shark on a Cedar plank and Poblanos stuffed with Chorizo and Chihuahua cheese! Later to be smothered with a Habanero Mango salsa.
20190406_173002.jpg
20180805_194631.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ribs last week with Shark on a Cedar plank and Poblanos stuffed with Chorizo and Chihuahua cheese! Later to be smothered with a Habanero Mango salsa.View attachment 972470 View attachment 972471

Oh those look good.

View attachment 972469 Had to use the Texas Crutch for this one. Bought a roll of butcher paper earlier today from Amazon for future stalls.

I've always used foil, but I have some pink butcher paper that I haven't used yet, and a packer brisket in the freezer.

I need to remedy the not using butcher paper pretty quick.

Raining here in Cincy. Going soon to get Rib Roast on sale for 6.99 a pound. Gonna smoke that sucker tomorrow or Monday depending on the time i have. Got plans tomorrow so will probably be Monday.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Smoked a chuck roast today. Over hickory. No wrap. Good stuff!

Also smoked some meatballs. One pound of pork sausage, one pound of lean ground beef, two jalapeños chopped. Mix in a bowl, wrap the meat around a ball of cream cheese and shake your favorite BBQ rub on them. Smoke at 225 for a couple of hours.

The 2 pork shoulders have been on all night and are about ready to pull out. I just added 5 racks of ribs and an already cooked bone-in ham to heat it through and add more flavor. I'll throw a salmon filet on after church before everyone gets here. All over apple wood in my Masterbuilt propane smoker.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Smoked a chuck roast today. Over hickory. No wrap. Good stuff!

Also smoked some meatballs. One pound of pork sausage, one pound of lean ground beef, two jalapeños chopped. Mix in a bowl, wrap the meat around a ball of cream cheese and shake your favorite BBQ rub on them. Smoke at 225 for a couple of hours.
I'm always looking for new ways of smokin' things...I found it, thanks.

After the pork shoulders, ham, and ribs came off before church, I added a salmon filet, assorted sausages, and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños after church.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smoked a 9 lb porkbutt on Sunday for about 10 hours followed by a full 1 hour rest on the counter

Sure turned out great. I used my Vision Kamado for the Porkbutt and the Pittboss Pellet Grill for the Baked Beans and Macaroni

proxy.php

For Porkbutts, I like to cook them in an aluminum tin. It keeps them moist and cleanup is a lot easier. When its time to wrap at the stall, I just tightly seal tinfoil over the top of the tin. Seems to work really well!

Top Bottom