What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

to be honest this whole experience is more about smell than anything. its the one thing you CANT find out from somebody's review. and i think id muddle through a subpar lather if the scent was right. this is a way to find out all the soaps that i would at least be willing to give a go based on scent. you can then combine with others reviews of the lather and other characteristics. and hopefully make more informed choices making less soap wasted lol. at least thats how i see it.

I would agree with this. It's really cool to get to smell all of the soaps and pick the ones that interest you. Nothing better than when a vendor donates soaps from their entire line and you can experience everything they have to offer. It takes the guess work out of it. I can't tell you how many tubs I bought where the scent wasn't what I expected at all. Less and less vendors are providing samples as it's extremely time consuming and not all that profitable for them to do so.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
During one of the earlier rounds, there was a bacon scented soap. The scent profile sounded interesting, but you most definitely needed to smell it before committing to a full tub of it!!
I tried that one just to say I did never again :em3400:
its the only thing I've found that bacon didn't make better :em2300:

Thats how I saw this. A way to smell tons of soaps to see what you would like to purchase yourself. Maybe try one or two that are your favorite scents.

smoke is somthing for me that needs alot of restraint. even in cooking. my first soap was a cremo reserve, and i love it , i would describe it as the smell of a leather couch in a smoking lounge . it was really good. but i think the smoke thing can get out of control fast.

smoke is somthing for me that needs alot of restraint. even in cooking. my first soap was a cremo reserve, and i love it , i would describe it as the smell of a leather couch in a smoking lounge . it was really good. but i think the smoke thing can get out of control fast.

Agreed!

Trying both the performance and the scent are the best aspects of the passaround (and the banter is great, too)! My nose is not very refined so even when others can pick out the various components, I can't. It either works or doesn't work for me. I've purchased several soaps based on my experience during the passaround (and I've skipped others). I'm still blown away that @dfoulk is able to coordinate well over 400 different top-notch soap samples (and @bobmsp tracks them in his excellent spreadsheet) and everyone has a great time.

Saw in another thread that this would be starting up again soon. I’d be interested in signing up and wanted to know what the process was for participating. Figured it’d be a great way to experience different scents/lather a few soap bases I haven’t tried yet. Thanks!

Saw in another thread that this would be starting up again soon. I’d be interested in signing up and wanted to know what the process was for participating. Figured it’d be a great way to experience different scents/lather a few soap bases I haven’t tried yet. Thanks!

Once dfoulk has it all sorted on his end he'll post here and that's when you sign up. See the original post for rues/fine print/etc.

i went back and read several of the posts in this thread, I am excited to get in on this pass around. It will be nice to try and smell some interesting soaps as well as add some from my growing Grooming Dept stash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom