What's new

Ming Shi adjustable 3000s on the bay

The first reply was what appeared to be a auto generated response about a Chinese holiday. The second appeared to be direct from a person claiming it could have been lost in the mail and to check with post office. My reply was simply I wanted a tracking number. He/she never provided one. At that point I just told them to ship the razor. It was never lost, they just never shipped it. Then finally the last message where they claimed they shipped on 02-13-19.

I’m gonna skip eBay and contact PayPal fraud if I don’t get it by this coming Friday.

I'm going through the same thing with this seller right now on Ebay. I ordered one from a vendor on AliEx and hopefully one of them shows up. The one ordered on Ebay the seller is giving me the lost in the mail garbage as well. Wanting to send another one and wait 15 days for it to arrive. I'm waiting for them to reship.

I'm going through the same thing with this seller right now on Ebay. I ordered one from a vendor on AliEx and hopefully one of them shows up. The one ordered on Ebay the seller is giving me the lost in the mail garbage as well. Wanting to send another one and wait 15 days for it to arrive. I'm waiting for them to reship.

Same thing, waited and never arrived. They refunded my money and I ordered from Aliexpress. I have shipping info indicating I get my Aliexpress order on Saturday. Wheeeew. Less than 2 weeks from Aliexpress.

Finally I had the time to pick up from the Post Office my MS3000 sold from the eBay guy, shaved yesterday with it and found it to be mild yet effective razor, having trouble at first to find the correct angle but managed to get a DFS, feels good on hand, not too heavy, doors open evenly, sturdy but not Gillette Slim sturdy. On setting 9 the base slants a little.
IMG_20190311_200520586~2.jpg
IMG_20190311_200526731~2.jpg
IMG_20190311_200544247~2.jpg
IMG_20190311_200602967~2.jpg
IMG_20190311_200627640~2.jpg
Came with a plastic travel case that I would use for blade storage. For the price it was a good gamble to try something new, it delivers, but not going to buy another.

Cheers

Just an update about the guy on Ebay. I ordered on March 2nd and received the razor on March 21st. First impression is it's a very mild razor. Did a decent job. I used it at 3 not being familiar with the razor. I'm sure I need to crank it up more. Overall a decent razor for the money. Mine came with the case and 5 blades as well.

Some of us have posted reviews on it the last few weeks. It is a darn good razor for the money. I got mine from Aliexpress in less than 2 weeks.

I get BBS fairly easily at 6 and don’t have to dial down ATG. Very smooth and great on the upper lip, like terrific.

One con with mine is uneven blade gap after setting 7. Not a big deal to me but I think it would be pretty easy for me to fix. It actually almost resembles a slant at setting 9, still smooth at that setting though. Like it’s 2000S brother, turning the spring 180 degrees I heard does the trick. When I get time, I have to figure how to take it apart. Someone, somewhere on B&B did it accidentally, just have to find post. There is also a notch that prevents it from going past 9 that can be removed. Ricksplace did that and I’m waiting for his update.

Fun to shave with. I don’t want to call it a travel razor because I like it a lot better than some of my much more expensive ones. Definitely get your 10 bucks worth by far. Great finish too.

That little teat can be removed without dismantling the razor. I turned the adjuster dial until the teat was clearly visible, then used a dremel with a thin cutting disk to grind it off. A thin needle file would work well too. After removing it, everything stays aligned up to and past the max setting to where "10" would be on the adjuster dial. I shave at 8 on my razor. As you mentioned, the angle takes a minute to find, but the shaves are good for an inexpensive adjustable. It's a fun razor for $10! (I still prefer my Gillette adjustables) :)

Ordered one off off Ebay 2 months ago... never arrived. Contacted the seller (China) and he promptly sent out another one. I got it in about 9 days. Seems like it is worth the price... 11 bucks or so.

Kids asleep, got bored, so I figured out partial disassembly. Kind of neat actually and you can get a little more out of gap. Can also do for detailed clean if so inclined. See picks starting with step 2.

Step 1. Turn dial to 9.

Step 2. Open TTO all the way and press doors fully downward all the way. You will feel a slight tension in spring.

Step 3. While holding down doors, turn the middle of the handle and you will hear it click.

Step 4. Let go of doors and the whole TTO assembly completely comes up exposing the spring.

Step 5. You can turn the spring any number of ways, including with tweezers I suppose. I just used a mini craft brush and turned the head. Tweezers probably much easier. Turn the spring slightly. I can’t tell you how far, depends on your razor, you’ll have to do it a few times. If your gap is off like mine, you may have noticed one side of the baseplate is tighter than the other if you squeezed it against the blade tray with your fingers when assembled. It’s good when they are both equal.

Step 6. Reassembly. Keeping dial at 9, and with the blade tray and baseplate lined up, slowly tighten TTO and check the gap as it goes up. If the gap if slightly off, just squeeze one side of the baseplate with the blade tray as you go up, it clicks up and down, this straightens the spring on way up. Do this until the baseplate meets the blade tray and everything is tight and straight. Lastly, once TTO is tight, turn the middle handle portion back and it will click back. Done. Very straight.

I played with the dial also and it unscrewed all the way to bottom of the threads. I think that involves final disassembly. I like the razor and I’ll let someone else figure that out. I played with it for a while but don’t want to break it. Still might take out that notch, if I do, I’ll have an easier time with it partially disassembled. This is just a minor QC thing that you can fix yourself if your gap isn’t perfect 1 to 9. Again 10 buck razor, now one with a perfect gap.

Hope this helps others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
I got one from Aliexpress, and i have to say this razor is 100% ****, the blade does not align do to bad design or bad QC, so i can't use it safetly, do yourselves a favor, and don't waste your money on this one

I got one from Aliexpress, and i have to say this razor is 100% ****, the blade does not align do to bad design or bad QC, so i can't use it safetly, do yourselves a favor, and don't waste your money on this one

Not my best razor or adjustable by a long shot, but I found it is a good razor and shaves well.

Only gap issues I had are at max setting due to spring. Easy to fix your gap, see above or you can just click the baseplate up and down and it levels off.

Not my best razor or adjustable by a long shot, but I found it is a good razor and shaves well.

Only gap issues I had are at max setting due to spring. Easy to fix your gap, see above or you can just click the baseplate up and down and it levels off.

There are some great chinese razors (i have a couple), i just can´t recomend this one, the problems i have are at setting number one, maybe i'm just unlucky

There are some great chinese razors (i have a couple), i just can´t recomend this one, the problems i have are at setting number one, maybe i'm just unlucky

Whether or not you decide to adjust your spring, it will even out eventually. Then you can shave with it and review it.

Compressed springs can be slightly crimped on one side initially but loosen with use. Better QC is to just angle it correctly during initial assembly so it doesn’t favor one side, thus avoiding gap differences from one side to another. The Futur clones I’ve read sometimes have the same issue. I just angled mine correctly on my own and it’s fine. Before I figured out how to do that, I just moved the baseplate up and down to level it. I shaved with it for almost 2 weeks before using my latest acquisition. It is a smooth razor, give it a shave after leveling it off and I think you’ll like it.

Just received this on an email from italian barber...

Ming Shi 3000S Adjustable Double Edge Safety Razor (HIDDEN LISTING)

Ming Shi 3000S Adjustable Double Edge Safety Razor (HIDDEN LISTING) – ItalianBarber

Apparently they have limited quantities and sent out an email. As it says hidden listing, I'd guess you'd need the link to find it? I am not a fan of TTOs in general but for $15.99 I am tempted.

Hopefully this is helpful for someone.

I just got that email also. My only QC issue was to turn my spring to even the gap. I like it, not a bad razor and a good shaver. You might get it a few bucks cheaper on Aliexpress. Great upper lip shaver. Hopefully, IB will open them up and adjust the spring if needed.

The first time I heard about such a defect. I have been using MingShi 3000 for a year now. I am the same young man from Russia who shot a video review on Youtube on this safety razor. Compared with my Gillette Slim Adjustable. There is no difference in shaving. Shave both safety razors equally.

Top Bottom