What's new

Personna cartridge razors any good?

Thank you. One last question...but will Hyrdo blades fit on Quattro handles? Back when I had a Quattro, I remember it using a similar attachment method.
No. It's Hydro 3 and 5 or EasyFit3 with the adaptor removed or Quattro, GT5/6 and Caliber 3/5.

Does anyone know what are european versions made by personna that are replacements for hydro. I have been looking since morning in our drugstores and supermarkets for hydro razor or that ball technology edgewell razor and could not find nothing besides disposables with 2 or 3 blades and quattro.

Last edited:
Core Motion Technology is available in Germany as Balea or in France from Wilkinson Sword. Available on Aliexpress from Qshave. What so you mean by replacement for Hydro?

Core Motion Technology is available in Germany as Balea or in France from Wilkinson Sword. Available on Aliexpress from Qshave. What so you mean by replacement for Hydro?
Thanks for response,, I was thinking that Balea has replacement cartridges. We do have balea razors in ou DM stores

I've never seem Personna in store and all the reviews on Amazon are bad. I believe that Equate disposables are made by Personna, as are the Kroger house brand.
Xtreme 3s aren't bad. They're a little gimmicky with the scented handle but they work. I know people who head shave like that the blades flex.

Personnas are usually the store brand. If it's a store brand made in the US and maybe Israel, it's probably a Personna (South Korea or Vietnam usually means Dorco).

I had good results for a number of years from the Personna Sensor cartridges. I'd by these at the local dollar store. When they closed them out, I bought all I could on clearance. It was when I ran low on these that I went back to SE, then to DE.

The personna atra style and Trac style twin blade carts are the sharpest carts I've ever used. They are the only ones that ever cut me with my headblade (when I used one) and I had my wife try them due to her preference for the dorco twin blade carts and she also got a ton of cuts. You can get 100 of them for around $11 or $12 on Amazon.

I like the Personna Tri-Flex carts better than the Sensor Excel 3 blade carts. The Personna Twin Carts work flawlessly in my 1972 Gillette Deluxe Trac-ll.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on that lost post. Schick/Wilkinson hydro 3 carts will fit a mach 3 handle, but Gillette Mach 3 carts will not fit a Schick handle. I am wondering if the Equate 3 handle (personna) at Walmart will take the equate cart designed for the mach 3 or if it requires an equate cart designed exclusively for it. I see that the 5 blade equate cart has two versions. One is for the fusion and the other for the Equate 5, and they aren't interchangeable.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on that lost post. Schick/Wilkinson hydro 3 carts will fit a mach 3 handle, but Gillette Mach 3 carts will not fit a Schick handle. I am wondering if the Equate 3 handle (personna) at Walmart will take the equate cart designed for the mach 3 or if it requires an equate cart designed exclusively for it. I see that the 5 blade equate cart has two versions. One is for the fusion and the other for the Equate 5, and they aren't interchangeable.
Please can you post a few photo's of what you mean? I wasn't aware Hydro 3's fitted Mach3. The Easy Fit 3 is the Hydro 3 Mk1, using an adaptor similar to the Hydro Connect. I can't find any Equate Fusion compatible cart.

will these blades

upload_2018-6-29_8-25-48.png

Fit this handle

upload_2018-6-29_8-26-38.png

I like the handle, It is an Equate available at Walmart and several other places as a store brand.

As far as the blade swap this video will explain it better than I can

Thanks

Any of you gents care to share what you think of the Personna EasyFit 3? I'm thinking of picking one up. I really like the shave I get from my Mach3 Turbo when I'm too rushed to shave with a DE but of course the carts are pretty expensive to replace.

Someone mentioned, in a post somewhere in the forum, that you can take the cart from a mach 3 disposable and fit it onto a regular mach 3 handle. How do you get it off the disposable? Do you disconnect the head from the hart rubber connector or disconnect the hard rubber connector from the handle? I can't see any way to disconnect the entire assembly from the handle.

Well now I’m headshaving I’m exploring the world of Personna carts which are extremely plentiful off brand here in UK.
Aldi sell the Matrix 3 and Magnum M5 at incredibly low prices.
Lidl has the GT5.
Boots and Superdrug have the Caliber 3/5 and Tri-Flexx.

I’ve heard very good reports about blade life with these razors which shouldn't be surprising from the makers of the Personna 74.

I’m confused about compatability though (since I don’t yet have a Caliber).
Will Caliber 5 and 3 carts fit the GT5?

Well now I’m headshaving I’m exploring the world of Personna carts which are extremely plentiful off brand here in UK.
Aldi sell the Matrix 3 and Magnum M5 at incredibly low prices.
Lidl has the GT5.
Boots and Superdrug have the Caliber 3/5 and Tri-Flexx.

I’ve heard very good reports about blade life with these razors which shouldn't be surprising from the makers of the Personna 74.

I’m confused about compatability though (since I don’t yet have a Caliber).
Will Caliber 5 and 3 carts fit the GT5?
Can you link a pic of the GT5? I'm not familiar with that one. I can tell you right off hand that the Caliber 5 carts will fit on these razors and possibly more:

• Personna Caliber 5
  • Personna Caliber 5 with "Motion Sphere" (Schick Xtreme Pivotball is a rebranded version of this)
  • Bulldog Bamboo 5-blade razor
  • Schick Quattro (any)
They will NOT fit on the Personna EasyFit 5 which uses the same connector type as a Gillette Fusion. Caliber 5 carts also will NOT fit on Magnum M5 razors as the connector is totally different.

Top Bottom