What's new

What's your spring frag?

The Short
I'm looking to add a little variety via a frag in spray form now that the weather has started to warm up a little. So, I'm curious to know what frag you like in the spring. Thanks!

The Long
I'm relatively new to frags. I stopped trying to get an aftershave to work that also smelled nice so have gone back to basics and followed the advice of some on this forum: neutral shave followed by my frag of choice. My AS is Speick, which works like a champ and leaves me feeling clean, fresh, and hydrated without much scent afterwards. I have been using Grey Flannel EDT spray, just a squirt on each side of my neck, and have been very happy with the overall experience. I go out the door feeling very fresh and feeling like I can conquer the world if I actually wanted to. I also purchased Burberry Brit for Him and as much as I like this scent, it's a little on the sweet side and doesn't have the same freshness and complexity as Grey Flannel, it seems more appropriate for a late-night date. I tried a few Creed frags and loved them all, particularly Green Irish Tweed but they all are very loud and expensive!

It depends on the temperature I guess.

I really like the Dior Sauvage for warmer days. It has a good scent and it projects heavily.

It's 60 in Virginia and I'm wearing Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada.

I'm not sure I believe in warm weather/cold weather scents. I work in an office where it's 70 degrees. Does that mean I can only wear scents for that temp? No. Scent choices are more complicated than that.

VCA Tsar is one that I like in the spring. I don’t know why but I like it more as the cold weather breaks.

I've been wearing the original Tommy Hilfiger--I find it to be classic. A light citrus makes a great summer scent.

Prada L'Homme is great for Spring. You've already mentioned Green Irish Tweed, which is what I usually recommend for Spring. Eau Sauvage (not to be confused with Sauvage!) is another great one.

All of the fougeres I own that aren't Rive Gauche Pour Homme back in regular rotation.

Penhaligon's Sartorial, Azzaro Pour Homme, Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir/Al-Rehab Dakar, Barrister and Mann Fougère Aromatique.

My favorites:
Cheap-
Claiborne Bora Bora
Cuba City New York
RazoRock XXX
Expensive-
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and Juniper Sling

I just ordered a bottle of Aspen for everyday wear this spring, when things finally start to green up (we're expecting low 40s for temps this coming week, so not yet.) Definitely a springy green scent. Some compare it to GIT, it's not of that quality but at $8 for a 4-ounce bottle it's a great value for ordinary days around ordinary people.

I'm in my late 40s, which means early '90s scents were my thing. When the weather warms up even more, the Eternity for Men will come out to play.

Fragrances Of Ireland Patrick
Mugler Cologne
Weil Pour Homme Silver
John Varvatos Artisan Acqua
C.O. Bigelow Elixir White
Brooks Brothers New York Gentleman
Tommy Bahama St. Bart's
Tommy Bahama Martinique
Aramis Tuscany
Aramis Devin
Giorgio Beverly Hills
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Armaf Club De Nuit Intense
L'Eau Bleu D'Issey Pour Homme

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fragrances of Ireland Patrick
Cerutti 1881
Creed Green Irish Tweed / Armaf Tres Nuit (good GIT clone, IMO)
Dior Eau Sauvage
Paco Rabanne pour Homme
Lalique Encre Noire Sport
Guerlain Vetiver

YSL......Y I usually grab this 1st.
proxy.php

D&G...............Grey This is my 2nd "go to " choice.
proxy.php

YSL.....Cologne Bleue Rounding up 3rd.
proxy.php

A couple fragrances I like for warmer weather:
Ferrari Bright Neroli - orange/citrus based fresh fragrance, inexpensive
Mancera Lemon Line - very long lasting lemon/lime/citrus fragrance, a bit more expensive

I’m non discriminatory when it comes to wearing scents. I also like to keep things inexpensive. I’ve been running these full sized frags as the mood hits:

- Fine Platinum EdT
- Fine American Blend EdT
- Mary Kay Cityscape (for men)

These I’ve only gotten samples of, but enjoy:
- Terre D’Hermes
- YSL Ultime
- Mr. Burberry
- Stirling Glastonbury

Top Bottom