What's new

New 26mm 2-Band Fan

@greydog Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been turning for quite awhile. I'd say about 20 years or so. I got interested in making coyote calls and it just grew from there. I've been a wet shaver my entire life (66 years old). When I started looking for straight razors I found a few shaving forums and the rest is history. I don't sell any brushes but just make them for my experiments.

@greydog Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been turning for quite awhile. I'd say about 20 years or so. I got interested in making coyote calls and it just grew from there. I've been a wet shaver my entire life (66 years old). When I started looking for straight razors I found a few shaving forums and the rest is history. I don't sell any brushes but just make them for my experiments.

Have you ever made anything out of synethics like G10 or Micarta?

It actually isn't too bad to work with, though it wouldn't breath it in. I would say it is similar to working with iron wood. I use it for knife scales and the end result is quite wonderful, kind of a synthetic grain that really pops when you finish it with linseed oil.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It actually isn't too bad to work with, though it wouldn't breath it in. I would say it is similar to working with iron wood. I use it for knife scales and the end result is quite wonderful, kind of a synthetic grain that really pops when you finish it with linseed oil.
Very interesting. Thanks for the info!

So I have just received in the mail the 26mm 2-band Fan from Maggards
I had to make a New Handle for myself , I used a Maple top and Cocobolo bottom
I really Love this Maple ,The chatoyancy is amazing .
I will let you know how it performs on my Face . View attachment 955948 View attachment 955949

Once I get working I'm setting aside quite a bit of money for the auction. I have a feeling it's going to take a lot to get one of the brushes you donate for the auction. I am still loving the brush I got from you. I find I'm using it more than any other brush. I do like the horse hair knot. I just prefer a little more backbone for an everyday brush. But like I said I find I'm using it more than any other brush just because I love it so much. You really make some amazing brushes

Top Bottom