What's new

Feather Artist Club And Weck Sextoblade : Razors Of Genius!

I was so happy when I found out that the Hess EZShave 1010 was recently resurrected as the Hess 2020 that I immediately got one to go along with my collection of 1010s. Earlier this week I saw a reasonably priced Hess straight razor on ebay and thought hmmm.

So a week later I created this Frankenrazor. I will test shave with it sometime next week. I haven't decided yet if I will leave in the Weck blade or use a Feather AC blade in the modified insert.

$hess hybrid 2.jpg$hess hybrid.jpg

I was so happy when I found out that the Hess EZShave 1010 was recently resurrected as the Hess 2020 that I immediately got one to go along with my collection of 1010s. Earlier this week I saw a reasonably priced Hess straight razor on ebay and thought hmmm.

So a week later I created this Frankenrazor. I will test shave with it sometime next week. I haven't decided yet if I will leave in the Weck blade or use a Feather AC blade in the modified insert.

View attachment 702281View attachment 702282

That is one sweet looking razor! :thumbup:

View attachment 702281View attachment 702282

Very very nice indeed!

So I just acquired a Nikken which looks to be identical to the Hess in every way - the scales are sturdier and even their profile is an exact match for the Ezy-Shave.
In the photos it's the Hess with the white scales and the Nikken with the black:
IMG_7671.JPG
IMG_7674.JPG

As others have said the Hess/Nikken Head is a lot nicer to shave with than the Sextoblade because most of the blade is sleeved which makes for a much more relaxed shave with easier angles.

And with a Personna 25% Sharper! hair shaper in it this Nikken shave was easily as good as a Feather DX:
IMG_7691.JPG

Great post OP.
I've only recently heard of the Weck razors and plan to try one in the future, hopefully with some Kismet blades.

Top Bottom