What's new

Vintage colgate shaving mug soap

I'm just wondering if anyone here familiar with it and if it's worth using it.
IMG_20190315_151123.jpg
IMG_20190315_151145.jpg
IMG_20190315_151156.jpg

I wonder to what year it dates.
I'm asking because I heard some versions of those Colgate doesn't lather much.

I don't know. I've still got an un-opened puck that belonged to my grandfather who passed in 1982. I still haven't decided if I want to use it due to sentimental reasons (but I do use his old Fatboy and Slim almost daily).

That's so cool!
I can't imagine keeping something for so long in my house.
Well, I guess I should just do a test lather and see how it goes.

I like it, still have a few in with the vintage Williams stash.
If you find some that are Colgate Cup Soap. They're even better.

I don't know. I've still got an un-opened puck that belonged to my grandfather who passed in 1982. I still haven't decided if I want to use it due to sentimental reasons (but I do use his old Fatboy and Slim almost daily).
Those razors will probably last for ever even if you use them. When you use the soap, there comes a day that it's gone.
Why not use a part of the soap and save the rest?

Hon
Those razors will probably last for ever even if you use them. When you use the soap, there comes a day that it's gone.
Why not use a part of the soap and save the rest?

Honestly, I've used vintage William's and OS soaps, so I don't feel it would impress me enough to make it worthwhile vs. the sentimental value. Also, I keep thinking I'll run across a puck one day during my normal flea market/yard sale expeditions.

Colgate mug soap is not highly thought of. The prior incarnation, Colgate cup soap on the other hand is considered an excellent vintage soap.

Top Bottom