What's new

Old Man Rant

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I regularly have emails in my Junk folder that when i try to block the email address of the sender, the sender address is mine.

dave

If anyone in your address book gets junk mail like that from your email addy, change your password. Its not as big a problem with ISP based email servers as the more common web based ones, but there are bots that can hack email accounts and send emails out to everyone in your addy book. A password change will stop it. A strong password will end it.

If anyone in your address book gets junk mail like that from your email addy, change your password. Its not as big a problem with ISP based email servers as the more common web based ones, but there are bots that can hack email accounts and send emails out to everyone in your addy book. A password change will stop it. A strong password will end it.

A “from” e-mail address can be spoofed even more easily than a phone number. Just because an address appears in the “from” field, that doesn’t necessarily have any bearing on the source of the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yeah they can and no it doesnt, but it happens all the same.

That was even an exploit under Windows XP with Outlook Express Email.

I've had spam email from friends accounts. All thats in the subject line, usually, is "Re:". Open it and just see a link. Click the link and get hacked. I send them a new email and let them know to the change the password and it stops. Sometimes for a few days, sometimes for a month and some I've never had more from.

A good way to check with web based email servers is to 'show full headers', if you can, and find the originating IP. That will start narrowing things down.

All's good from here...

proxy.php

dave

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Rant. Buffet! Probably says it all. I don't recommend them but sometimes you don'thave a choice . they bring out the worst in everyone
Exau: a fairly well heeled young woman in a dress loads her small plate with desert items. Then picks one up and eats it still standing at the buffet. She licks her fingers. Then pucks up the serving spoon and gets more. Seriously people.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Asshats at the gym who use their idiotpods to talk to everyone within 50 foot earshot .. worse on the weekend, but the gym has a no weapons policy ..

Oh for signal jammer.
dave

After living in an apartment for way too many years and listening to "millennials" crank up their car stereos so loud the base vibrates our floor - and even dishes in our cabinets, from the parking lot... Oh for an E.M.P. generator! :censored:

After living in an apartment for way too many years and listening to "millennials" crank up their car stereos so loud the base vibrates our floor - and even dishes in our cabinets, from the parking lot... Oh for an E.M.P. generator! :censored:

Ahem...

*bass*

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rant. Buffet! Probably says it all. I don't recommend them but sometimes you don'thave a choice . they bring out the worst in everyone
Exau: a fairly well heeled young woman in a dress loads her small plate with desert items. Then picks one up and eats it still standing at the buffet. She licks her fingers. Then pucks up the serving spoon and gets more. Seriously people.

I bear you! Was at one not long ago when a young fella sneezed twice all over the food. I saw it so called the staff and they replaced all the food but I couldn’t eat after that. Messy people everywhere.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Ahem...

*bass*

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't care what they're fishing for, as long as they do it... quietly :001_tongu. (Brain farts happen after missing too many nights of sleep, thanks for catching it though).
:lol:

At the grocery store, I seem to always pick a line that puts me behind someone who pays by writing a check . Not only that but they don't even start the check writing process until their total is presented. Really? Didnt want to go with at least filling out the date, payee, memo, etc. while waiting? Drives me nuts.

Another "waiting in line" irritation... At the drive through ATM I seem to always pick the lane where someone in front of me is, I don't know what, taking out a 2nd mortgage? Seriously, what are you doing at an ATM that takes 15min to complete the transaction???

When I lived in Prague, I asked for a check book when I opened a bank account.
They looked at me as if I asked for as asbestos.
Cash, credit or electronic money transfer are the only ways to pay or ger paid.
It took a whole dimension of fraud off the table.

Top Bottom