What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

HOTW in my H. Cor...

20190311_192634.jpg

Some required-but-not-terribly-interesting technical reading tonight is necessitating a two-bowl night.

Polishing off the last of a tin of 2013 Christmas Cheer in my 2018 LE...

20190311_205022.jpg

Can you compare it to anything? I have yet to crack a tin myself.
It's in the same vein as Dan's Tobacco's Patriot Flake, and Dunhill's Dark Flake, over all. Fairly rich, well rounded and smooth aged VA is basically what you get with it. It's more on the rich side and smoother side than say FVF is over all. Based on the really dark color and richness level, I'm taking a stab it's stoved VA where FVF isn't stoved.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It's in the same vein as Dan's Tobacco's Patriot Flake, and Dunhill's Dark Flake, over all. Fairly rich, well rounded and smooth aged VA is basically what you get with it. It's more on the rich side and smoother side than say FVF is over all. Based on the really dark color and richness level, I'm taking a stab it's stoved VA where FVF isn't stoved.

Sounds yummy. I never picked up a tin Dunhill Dark Flake so I’m glad it’s something similar to that.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Old picture, but had a PS English blend (forget which one) in mine today.

A8F0F8DE-9613-4764-A5E9-15E92EA1A4EB.jpeg
A beauty of a day -1 degrees Celsius. It has been very cold for a few weeks. Canucks are driving around with four windows down. Half the folk in the supermarket were in their shirts . . .no coats.

I've been holding off on this pipe as I wanted to have some time to enjoy it and not rush because I was freezing and today was the day.

Elizabethan Mixture in my Shorter Shorta Morta. A very flashy little pipe and it seems to me to be a great smoker. Even for it's size it feels very light. Love it.
View attachment 960979

I would agree with this assessment. Havent cracked a Dark Flake tin yet, but Patriot Flake to me is nearly identical to Brigade Campaign.

Sounds yummy. I never picked up a tin Dunhill Dark Flake so I’m glad it’s something similar to that.

I wouldn't call Dark Flake as close a match as Patriot Flake is, but they are definitely in the same family, closely related to my palate.

Hey, look...this one's got your name on it...

1552439732172791260659310564471.jpg

(Been trying to find a suitable return for your Red Flake for a while now. So, about that meetup...)

Top Bottom