What's new

The MMA Thread

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Your thoughts on Khabib's post-fight antics?

I'm from the 'traditional bushido' sort of bent, and like my martial artists to be humble and polite. The only UFC fighter I am aware of and respect in this regard is GSP. Anyhow, I haven't really liked Conor as a result of his ... um ... bravado. I thought maybe Khabib would "do things right" and bring some respectability to the UFC.

Um, nope.

Sheesh.

I
Your thoughts on Khabib's post-fight antics?

I'm from the 'traditional bushido' sort of bent, and like my martial artists to be humble and polite. The only UFC fighter I am aware of and respect in this regard is GSP. Anyhow, I haven't really liked Conor as a result of his ... um ... bravado. I thought maybe Khabib would "do things right" and bring some respectability to the UFC.

Um, nope.

Sheesh.
I didn't like it at all. Was it justified, possible.

The ufc let conor do everything and didn't get punished for it. Conor actually threw the first punch after the fight inside the cage.

I think Khabib should have restrained himself from going after conors teammate in the audience. But these men are fighters and tempers run high. We can't expect any of them to be role models. But things can't get out of hand. Just glad no one was hurt during the melee.

If khabib gets stripped for this, the ufc will be the ultimate joke of an organization. Because conor jumped in the cage in another org and assaulted a ref. And he also slapped a commission official. He also got in fights while he was partying Then you have to bus thing. Causing fights to be taken off the ppv card

He was not stripped, and the ufc used the footage to sell this fight.

You can't have double standards like this.

I miss fighters like gsp, randy, matt hughes, etc. It's a circus show these days.

Legion

Staff member
Honestly, I miss the melees that used to happen in professional sports before everyone risked getting fined, sued, or losing lucrative sponsorship deals. There. I said it.

As far as I am concerned, that punch on was a perfect grand finale to the night, and I enjoyed every moment.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Honestly, I miss the melees that used to happen in professional sports before everyone risked getting fined, sued, or losing lucrative sponsorship deals. There. I said it.

proxy.php

As far as I am concerned, that punch on was a perfect grand finale to the night, and I enjoyed every moment.
Then you must also like aTrump rally . Sorry couldn’t help myself.

DC GOAT! Am I the only one who doesn't want DC to fight Brock? I feel like it's becoming more and more WWE/UFC as one company.

DC GOAT! Am I the only one who doesn't want DC to fight Brock? I feel like it's becoming more and more WWE/UFC as one company.
I don’t see why not. If it’s a legitimate fight why not. It surely will be a money making fight . The name of the game is to sell tickets, so why not. With heavyweights you never know what might happen.

I don’t see why not. If it’s a legitimate fight why not. It surely will be a money making fight . The name of the game is to sell tickets, so why not. With heavyweights you never know what might happen.

I don't like that brock is most likely juicing like crazy while in the WWE. Then he can just lay off the juice for awhile to pass USADA testing.

According to an article on sherdog, it seems that brock will be ineligible to fightin the ufc by march. So dc might have to defend the belt against someone else.

And lol at dc being the goat... by beating a guy with absolutely zero wrestling. Nah. Dude took the easy fight in Lewis. Even dc said a fight with stipe would be more dangerous. And he wants another easy fight in brock. Yeah... what a legacy there.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Wow ... GSP retires and not a peep on this thread. I guess the B&B brethren have lost interest in MMA.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yup, that's me @Doc4 . When they started hold cards at such a fast and furious pace a few years ago, it just turned me off as I couldn't keep up with the latest flavour-of-the-month fighter. Still have the first 15 or so UFCs on VHS (but no VHS player LOL)

I still watch from time to time. I don't have fight pass, and I'm not going to get ESPN+, or whatever the pay ESPN channel is called. Not having those two streaming services limits how often I watch UFC. I haven't put the effort into figuring out what show I need to watch on ESPN to get updates on the UFC.

And If I'm being honest, the money making strategies from Dana and company have turned me off of the sport. I was never a fan of Connor McGregor and his antics. Trying to bring Brock Lesnar back for a super fight with anyone who will fight him was a straight up cash grab.

I didn't know GSP retired again.

Top Bottom