What's new

Indian shaving creams reviews

I know axe makes creams and after shaves in india. Have you tried any of those?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yes.
Strongly perfumed shaving cream.
Other than that, the performance is decent.
Not quite up to Godrej, but better than Old Spice.
I have the AS, but I find the perfume too strong for me.
My nephew & brother like it.

Yes.
Strongly perfumed shaving cream.
Other than that, the performance is decent.
Not quite up to Godrej, but better than Old Spice.
I have the AS, but I find the perfume too strong for me.
My nephew & brother like it.

Where did you find it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Anyone try the new Park Avenue Good Morning cream with tea tree oil ? Sounds interesting
The latest salvo of Parke Avenue shaving creams are pretty good with essential oils like good morning with the tea tree oil. The fragrance is not mild and lingers for quite some time after the shave.

This forum is really great......informative....

hats off to all wet shavers.....u guyz r actually enjoying small n petty things...a better way to live....

All along I used to use Jackblack supreme but recently I tried VICCO cream and it is fantastic with nice smell of sandalwood and give rich leather and good glide

I went to Patel Bros. and bought a tube of Godrej Menthol Mist for $3.99. I saw several tubes on the shelf of all three varieties. They used to have Dettol Cool and Fresh and I bought a tube of the Cool awhile back. I also picked up an alum block for $2.99 and a Gillette 7 o'Clock DE razor. It looks like a pretty solid razor and it only cost me $5. That's budget shaving for you. The only thing missing was an Indian brush and I'd have a full on Indian shaving kit. Now to the shaving creams...

Godrej Original: This stuff is great. It lathers really well, offered great protection and slickness during the shave, and has some pretty good ingredients. I especially like lanolin in my shaving creams. I also like how it smells. Will buy again. The skincare is great.

Godrej Menthol Mist: I love menthol. This stuff doesn't disappoint with the face freezing. It was immediately frosty when I applied the lather to my face. I think it gives Proraso Green a run for its money. The lather was kind of lacking, but I still was able to get a great shave with it. It stayed slick and provided the cushion I needed.The scent is kind of artificial, but not overpowering or long lasting. Will definitely buy again.

Dettol Cool: This stuff has zero menthol in it. At least it feels like it doesn't have any. But the lather and scent both make up for lack of menthol and cooling effects. The lather was stable, easy to build, stayed slick, had plenty of cushion, and gave great skincare.

I have seen other Indian creams on the certain auction site, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe someday. I saw Park Avenue, Gillette in a tube, some shave gels in a tube, and Yardley on there a lot. Maybe someday I'll work my way through them.

I went to Patel Bros. and bought a tube of Godrej Menthol Mist for $3.99. I saw several tubes on the shelf of all three varieties. They used to have Dettol Cool and Fresh and I bought a tube of the Cool awhile back. I also picked up an alum block for $2.99 and a Gillette 7 o'Clock DE razor. It looks like a pretty solid razor and it only cost me $5. That's budget shaving for you. The only thing missing was an Indian brush and I'd have a full on Indian shaving kit. Now to the shaving creams...

Godrej Original: This stuff is great. It lathers really well, offered great protection and slickness during the shave, and has some pretty good ingredients. I especially like lanolin in my shaving creams. I also like how it smells. Will buy again. The skincare is great.

Godrej Menthol Mist: I love menthol. This stuff doesn't disappoint with the face freezing. It was immediately frosty when I applied the lather to my face. I think it gives Proraso Green a run for its money. The lather was kind of lacking, but I still was able to get a great shave with it. It stayed slick and provided the cushion I needed.The scent is kind of artificial, but not overpowering or long lasting. Will definitely buy again.

Dettol Cool: This stuff has zero menthol in it. At least it feels like it doesn't have any. But the lather and scent both make up for lack of menthol and cooling effects. The lather was stable, easy to build, stayed slick, had plenty of cushion, and gave great skincare.

I have seen other Indian creams on the certain auction site, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe someday. I saw Park Avenue and Yardley on there several times.
Also try Indian Old Spice shaving cream.

All great and informative reviews here. A tough time deciding which one to use next ...
proxy.php

I got a few new creams and blades today, let the pictures do the talking.

Detailed reviews for the lesser known creams will follow soon.

Pricing
1 US $ = 71 Rupees

Creams
Palmolive = 60 Rupees
Laser = 40 Rupees
Hunk = 45 Rupees
Smart way gel = 10 Rupees

Blades
SuperMax diamond edge = 80 Rupees for a pack of 50
Laser = 10 Rupees for a pack of 5
V12 = 11 Rupees for a pack of 10
Pro 500 = 10 Rupees for a pack of 10