What's new

The Last of It

Well, this is the last of my Big Leaf Maple Burl and Acrylic.
Hand sanded after leaving the lathe, primary sanding to 2k on the lathe.
There is no finish on these to speak of, the first just a high grit sand to 12k.
This one I waxed after the final sand then buffed.
This and the other are my finest quality and never will another of the same be made. That billet is gone and can't be repeated given the nature of its parts.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

unused till glue is all set

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thank you guys.
I'm really happy that things worked out as they did.
I was lucky enough to have the best knots I have ever seen come available to me (thanks Jim) when I bought this blank.
These are truly unique and one of a kind, amazing stuff.

Thank you guys.
I'm really happy that things worked out as they did.
I was lucky enough to have the best knots I have ever seen come available to me (thanks Jim) when I bought this blank.
These are truly unique and one of a kind, amazing stuff.
I am thrilled that you are impressed with the knots Paul. Knowing the quality of knots you have and have used. Like I said before I liked my badgers before, but this quality of knots takes Badger to another level. I might start making some of these knots available to other members on the forum. Beautiful brush, beautiful work my friend. Enjoy!

Well done stone and strop. Looking forward to more of your brushes.

There is no finish on these to speak of, the first just a high grit sand to 12k.
This and the other are my finest quality and never will another of the same be made. That billet is gone and can't be repeated given the nature of its parts.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I’m not sure how I missed this one but another great job. As I mentioned in another current post I’m not a fan of the bright blues & yellows for hybrids, a more subdued color like you’ve used looks much better to me. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

I’m not sure how I missed this one but another great job. As I mentioned in another current post I’m not a fan of the bright blues & yellows for hybrids, a more subdued color like you’ve used looks much better to me. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks.
Funny, I just contacted the guy who supplied me with this this morning. I had to look up this thread and link it for him to show him what I did with it and now its here again.
I am looking for another blank but he says he doesn't have much right now as two of his vacuum pumps are in for repair.
I have two more phenomenal knots looking for a home.

Soon.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is just stunningly gorgeous. I'm at a loss for words on that thing. Yeah I have no words other than stunningly gorgeous

Top Bottom