What's new

Ditching the badger

I have only 2 brushes, 1 Omega boar and 1 Plisson synthetic. I would like to get another boar because I favor that over my synthetic. I want to try the Semogue SOC mainly because I love the handle.

I have only 2 brushes, 1 Omega boar and 1 Plisson synthetic. I would like to get another boar because I favor that over my synthetic. I want to try the Semogue SOC mainly because I love the handle.
Yeah, if you prefer boar over synthetic, another boars is a solid bet. You might want to try horse at some point, but later is probably better.

The whole idea of using this or that brush to me is 100% personal idiosyncrasy, and not about convenience or performance.
Thanks for pointing this out because I always thought I was an idiot because I not only find my brushes convenient in that they keep my hands from getting soapy and slippery but I also find that they perform in a way neither of my hands could as the consistency of lather I had when hand lathering was the worst!! Who'da thought that...

eta... Never mind... I had idiot mixed up with a$$h0le!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have a boar in the bathroom for daily use, a synth in the washbag for travel, and a second boar in the drawer as back up for emergencies. Never tried a badger, but my boar and synth give me what I need in their respective roles, so I'm not really tempted.

I've used my Silvertip and boar each once since switching to a synthetic.

If you want ease of loading with hard soaps, try a synthetic. My well broken in Omega boar takes me 200 trips around a tin of PdP 63 to load. My synthetic takes ~50.

Wow, Mike! My Omega boar is loading the PdP in about 25 laps since it dried out, and when I first moulded it into the pot after soaking, it only took five laps. That's intermittent contact too, as the sample doesn't cover the bottom of the pot.

IMG_20190221_210639.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Wow, Mike! My Omega boar is loading the PdP in about 25 laps since it dried out, and when I first moulded it into the pot after soaking, it only took five laps. That's intermittent contact too, as the sample doesn't cover the bottom of the pot.

I thought my boar loaded a lot quicker than my Silvertip, and it does. Loading my Silvertip with PdP... I'd be at it a while lol. My synthetic loads much quicker than either. It builds a lather quicker too and just as nicely as my Silvertip.

My bowl lathering days are gone, for good.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I thought my boar loaded a lot quicker than my Silvertip, and it does. Loading my Silvertip with PdP... I'd be at it a while lol. My synthetic loads much quicker than either. It builds a lather quicker too and just as nicely as my Silvertip.

My bowl lathering days are gone, for good.

I don't bowl lather, I face lather. That's just the pot I moulded the sample into for loading from :)

Doesn't matter. Still yucky to me. Even someone offers a $200 badger to me, I'd still decline the offer. Just not something I would use. I'm terrified of furry rodents that aren't dogs. The only furry animal I can stand is dogs.
Then why you make a Dog shaving brush

Doesn't matter. Still yucky to me. Even someone offers a $200 badger to me, I'd still decline the offer. Just not something I would use. I'm terrified of furry rodents that aren't dogs. The only furry animal I can stand is dogs.
You need to do some reading about boars. One of the most disgusting animals, yet I still enjoy eating them and shaving with their hair.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
To each his own I'd warrant, I've tried over some years to get to like boar brushes for shaving, and failed miserably

Top Bottom