What's new

Karve Open Comb?

I’m sitting this one out till I hear some reviews, the combs look rather thick. Could be a great shave, I’ll wait and see what the masses think. Gotta give him credit it is a great looking razor at a great price.

B, D & F en-route....

You're a braver man than I Gunga Din. This is my first Karve, and I have B and C plates and a 3 1/4" handle on the way. I was all set to order the C, D and ma-a-a-aybe E plates until I read Chris's newsletter. I figure plates can be added - perhaps pay a little more; perhaps bleed a bit less.

But anyway, good luck Gus. I too am looking forward to your review.

Glad to hear that Gus looking forward to your review!

Going to give it a go. I already have C-F in the SB configuration. These OC plates should amp it up a bit. Stay tuned....

I like your thought process. I went OC C/D. However, you were smarter. You jumped a plate between each one you purchased. That'll give you a broader range of shaves.

Yeah. Chris at Karve said that the OC plates would be a bump up in blade feel as to compared to the SB plates. Figured I'd skip one or two and see how it goes...

You're a braver man than I Gunga Din. This is my first Karve, and I have B and C plates and a 3 1/4" handle on the way. I was all set to order the C, D and ma-a-a-aybe E plates until I read Chris's newsletter. I figure plates can be added - perhaps pay a little more; perhaps bleed a bit less.

But anyway, good luck Gus. I too am looking forward to your review.

Congrats on your first purchase. It's a real good shave system. C-D on the SB are great for me on daily shaves. The F works well for a 2-4 day beard layover. Hopefully, the F OC plate will feel like a G+ and give good blade feel with decent smoothness. I'll find out soon enough.....

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The first pic of the oc looks stainless steel. The other two pics are clearly brass. Anyone know if ss version is coming?

I’m sitting this one out till I hear some reviews, the combs look rather thick. Could be a great shave, I’ll wait and see what the masses think. Gotta give him credit it is a great looking razor at a great price.

Sitting it out? Come on you've helped spur my RAD. Can I help repay the favor? I have the B-D OC plates on the way. I'd let you borrow, but you're probably an E or F guy.

Sitting it out? Come on you've helped spur my RAD. Can I help repay the favor? I have the B-D OC plates on the way. I'd let you borrow, but you're probably an E or F guy.
Thank you my friend. When I had the SB Karve I had D,E,F and I liked the E best so maybe a D OC. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

Can't fault the aesthetics at all, unlike a lot of modern DE's. It's surprisingly different too. If I had the tools and the means I'd just try to copy the hybrid Tech or RFB NEW as closely as possible.

As a happy R41 user I'm tempted by the E or F OC plates and I'd like to read some reviews to help me choose. I'll have to pay import charges from Canada so parts get expensive and I'd prefer to get just one plate.

Hopefully, the F OC plate will feel like a G+ and give good blade feel with decent smoothness. I'll find out soon enough.....[/QUOTE]

Hello,
I have a (F)abulous base on the way. +1 on the G+ feel. A very efficient, smooth modern O/C made out of brass almost automatically gets place in top five rotation.

Now if only they would make a slant..........................

Cheers
John

Hopefully, the F OC plate will feel like a G+ and give good blade feel with decent smoothness. I'll find out soon enough.....

Hello,
I have a (F)abulous base on the way. +1 on the G+ feel. A very efficient, smooth modern O/C made out of brass almost automatically gets place in top five rotation.

Cheers
John[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree with you more concerning a modern Brass OC razor. I’m actually hoping it will give as close a feel to my ‘11 R41 but, in a much more rigid design with the inherent smoothness that a Brass made razor can give. Fingers crossed.... :cornut:

Hello,

Cheers
John

I couldn’t agree with you more concerning a modern Brass OC razor. I’m actually hoping it will give as close a feel to my ‘11 R41 but, in a much more rigid design with the inherent smoothness that a Brass made razor can give. Fingers crossed.... :cornut:[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried the 2011 R41 and probably won't order a Karve F OC, but from what I've read in reviews and forums that sounds like a tall order. I hope you get it. Best of luck.

I couldn’t agree with you more concerning a modern Brass OC razor. I’m actually hoping it will give as close a feel to my ‘11 R41 but, in a much more rigid design with the inherent smoothness that a Brass made razor can give. Fingers crossed.... :cornut:

I haven't tried the 2011 R41 and probably won't order a Karve F OC, but from what I've read in reviews and forums that sounds like a tall order. I hope you get it. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I have the 2011 R41 and I don’t find it to be a beast of a razor. Don’t get me wrong, it offers a good amount of blade feel and cutting effectiveness but, it’s not the smoothest razor nor is it the roughest. What I’m hoping for is perhaps that same blade feel of the R41 or close enough to it with the built in smoothness of the Karve and the mild properties that brass brings to the table.

Maybe it’s trying to catch Bigfoot riding a Unicorn but, one can only hope.... Happy shaves amigo.

Top Bottom