What's new

Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Is this product any good?? I ask because Nivea just doesn't manufacture the original Replenishing Post Shave Balm anymore as I've been trying to find a supplier for some time now.
Been using the original product with great satisfaction for years and now unfortunately I only have a quarter of a bottle left from my stash and the new the formula has changed for the worst.
Now its called Maximum Hydration Post Shave Balm and the scent I do not like at all - although my wife really likes it, go figure. Its just not the same so why did Nivea mess with a good thing?
So back to my question, as I am trying to find something close to the original Replenishing Post Shave Balm does anybody use the Sensitive Post Shave Balm in place of the original with acceptable results and scent??

Ive used the cooling sensitive post shave balm for around 3 years now. Great feel and not greasy. I sometimes switch to Dove, artisan, or different Nivea balms.

The sensitive post shave balm is nice, I prefer the scent and performance of the cooling senstive post shave balm though.

I keep a bottle in the den for if I ever get irritation. It's pretty mild scent wise. It's pretty inexpensive too at around $5 a bottle.

Get the nivea 2 phase. It's a mix between balm and alcohol. It's got menthol in it too.

UK-88569-xxxxx-xx-O.PNG

When I shave at night (Tuesdays) I typically use this balm, great stuff and I never seem to run out. Although I only shave 3 days a week so my supplies tend to last twice as long as the average member id imagine.

I've been using it since I started DE shaving, which granted has only been about six months. It has very little scent, but is very refreshing, non-greasy, and feels like it does well moisturizing my skin. I like it, but I've also branched out to try a few other balms from Stirling, on the recommendation of others here. They should arrive on Friday, and I'm looking forward to finding out if they are as good as Nivea.

I've been using it since I started DE shaving, which granted has only been about six months. It has very little scent, but is very refreshing, non-greasy, and feels like it does well moisturizing my skin. I like it, but I've also branched out to try a few other balms from Stirling, on the recommendation of others here. They should arrive on Friday, and I'm looking forward to finding out if they are as good as Nivea.
My wife got me the Margarita's in the Arctic ASB from Stirling and it is wonderful stuff! has all the cooling power that the soap and the AS does, but its a little heavier than the Nivea balm. A little really goes a long way for sure!

For years the Sensitive did the trick, then I found Cooling and then I fell in love! It’s awesome stuff, though it might be made in Mexico now...

Finish shaving and apply Proraso Green splash to damp face. Let that do it's thing while I clean up the sink and gear. Then once the Proraso has been absorbed, apply Nivea Sensitve "Cooling" balm. Fantastic.

This is another one of those few products that everyone seems to like but do not work for me. And I am not fuzzy, I like most stuff :) But by using this balm I always felt sticky through the day even when using as little product possible. Sometimes I remember the stickiness could linger on even to the next day from the Nivea Sensitive. As it was the only stuff they sold were I live for a long time it was my only aftershave product between 2003-2011 do not remember what I used before that maybe another version of it. So I had a better than nothing approach towards it. Nivea Sensitive, "3 months old" Mach 3s and Gillette Black and Red foam was what I used (not in that order). It is strange because I like many of the other Nivea products not for shaving, Nivea Creme etc. Shower Soaps. Never have the sticky from those. But so glad for knowing about more options now.

My wife got me the Margarita's in the Arctic ASB from Stirling and it is wonderful stuff! has all the cooling power that the soap and the AS does, but its a little heavier than the Nivea balm. A little really goes a long way for sure!
Good to know, thanks!

The Nivea Sensitive is what I've used most days this winter. It helps a lot with the dry skin. I've also used the non-sensitive "Maximum Hydration" formula and I like that a lot. In the warmer weather I often use the cooling sensitive version. I don't enjoy going outside after using the cooling formula in the Winter.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
This is another one of those few products that everyone seems to like but do not work for me. And I am not fuzzy, I like most stuff :) But by using this balm I always felt sticky through the day even when using as little product possible. Sometimes I remember the stickiness could linger on even to the next day from the Nivea Sensitive. As it was the only stuff they sold were I live for a long time it was my only aftershave product between 2003-2011 do not remember what I used before that maybe another version of it. So I had a better than nothing approach towards it. Nivea Sensitive, "3 months old" Mach 3s and Gillette Black and Red foam was what I used (not in that order). It is strange because I like many of the other Nivea products not for shaving, Nivea Creme etc. Shower Soaps. Never have the sticky from those. But so glad for knowing about more options now.

I have had that stickiness too, but it depends on the condition of my skin at the time. While I'm a big fan of the balm, I find that on my skin, it's not for everyday use. Sometimes i'll apply a lotion instead, and sometimes nothing at all, or just a spray of EdT. It all depends how my skin feels post shave, as to what, if anything, I apply post shave. However, when it's a day for balm, if my skin feels dry or I've shaved a little too close somewhere, then I could happily stick with just Nivea Sensitive as that balm.

I have had that stickiness too, but it depends on the condition of my skin at the time. While I'm a big fan of the balm, I find that on my skin, it's not for everyday use. Sometimes i'll apply a lotion instead, and sometimes nothing at all, or just a spray of EdT. It all depends how my skin feels post shave, as to what, if anything, I apply post shave. However, when it's a day for balm, if my skin feels dry or I've shaved a little too close somewhere, then I could happily stick with just Nivea Sensitive as that balm.

I also use the balm when my skin is drying out. The first time I used the "cooling" version, I was disappointed, expecting some menthol action. Later I used when I had brush burn. It should be called soothing. It cools razor burn. It is the balm I mostly use, when I use a balm.

Top Bottom