What's new

Are you a vegan wet-shaver? What are your vegan products?

M

member 119848

Dear members,
recently my consciousness has converted my lifestyle to follow vegan ethics.
I 'm still in the search for identifying vegan shaving products.
While choosing a synthetic brush is easy, cosmetic products are full of hidden animal-based material. Even when the ingredient-list seems plant-based, nothing is mentioned about animal testing. That´s why I like to rely on vegan logos such as those ones for example:
upload_2019-2-20_20-49-47.jpeg
upload_2019-2-20_20-52-14.png

I just bought a shaving soap from Speick (Active), which is not bad, but lacks a bit of slickness.
Maca Root from the Body-Shop is a good performer, but I'm not a fan from the scent.

Do you know any good vegan shaving products?
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a Vegan wet shaver, I like Badger brushes and tallow soaps too much.

The best Vegan Products I own are the Martin De Candre line! The Fougre, Vetyver, and Original are absolutely superb! The jury is still out for Argumes(scent is nice, but not great) and I have yet to pick up Rose.

M

member 119848

I'm not a Vegan wet shaver, I like Badger brushes and tallow soaps too much.

The best Vegan Products I own are the Martin De Candre line! The Fougre, Vetyver, and Original are absolutely superb! The jury is still out for Argumes(scent is nice, but not great) and I have yet to pick up Rose.
How did I forget to check MdC... thanks Luecke! :001_smile

M

member 119848

I 'm wondering if stearic acid is plant-based only, or can be derived from tallow...

I know a major online store that deleted Astra blades and the like. All P&G products because they do animal testing. Just stock Lord blades like Shark etc now.

M

member 119848

does the grey 'Active' Speick smell any different from the blue regular Speick?
From what I know, the "Active" line has no lavender... but the differences may not only be scent-wise, they could be two different formulations who knows

Dear members,
recently my consciousness has converted my lifestyle to follow vegan ethics.
I 'm still in the search for identifying vegan shaving products.
While choosing a synthetic brush is easy, cosmetic products are full of hidden animal-based material. Even when the ingredient-list seems plant-based, nothing is mentioned about animal testing. That´s why I like to rely on vegan logos such as those ones for example:
View attachment 954822 View attachment 954834
I just bought a shaving soap from Speick (Active), which is not bad, but lacks a bit of slickness.
Maca Root from the Body-Shop is a good performer, but I'm not a fan from the scent.

Do you know any good vegan shaving products?
Thanks for sharing!

I use tallow soaps because I figure if animals are being butchered for food anyway, why waste the fat? I feel the same about leather products. But I use and love synthetic brushes. I understand if you disagree with my philosophy.

Last edited:
Pannacrema's Nuavia is vegan, the Pure2O is tallow.
Haslinger switched to 100% animal cruelty free business, soaps included.

Top Bottom