What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 18th - February 24th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Timeless Titanium
Blade: Astra SP x4
Soap: 1/2 face D.R. Harris Windsor, 1/2 Arko
Bowl: Captians Choice

Take aways: smoother shave with the Windsor, like the citrusy scent of the Arko. Both soaps were new to me.​

18 February 2019

Lancaster Razor Works Custom Bowl ~ Blackland Vector + Feather Super Pro
Lancaster Razor Works Custom Brush ~ GD Preshave ~ Barrister & Mann C2
GD Postshave Serum ~ Barrister & Mann C2 AS

B&M C2 Use.jpg

2019-02-18

Ikea bowl ¤ Semogue Horn Handle, size 1 ¤ Gillette G2000 + Gillette Platinum
Myrsol Blue cream ¤ Myrsol Blue AS ¤ Myrsol Blue Cologne

proxy.php

Monday, February 18
proxy.php

Stirling Wintergreen~~Stirling 24mm Finest~~Portland 1905~~Florida Water (mentholated)~~Stirling Glacial ASB
Have a great day!

Monday SOTD

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T
Blade: Super Iridium(D3)
Brush: Muhle V2 Travel Brush
Bowl: Collapsible Travel 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Cream: Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Irisch Moos

Second day using the Rockwell Gunmetal finish Model-T adjustable razor and have to say, that after waiting almost 3 years for this thing to arrive on my doorstep and expecting a letdown, the shock is on me. Still a long way to go with trying different blades but when paired with the Super Iridium, a no touchup 2 pass shave. The finish is perfect gunmetal mirror finish, has a nice weight to it, smooth adjustment range and I like the fact I am not locked into settings like the Fatboy. I set mine at 2.7-2.8 range (max is 6) and at this setting it was like shaving with a Feather AS-D2 but the Model-T shave closer, and like the AS-D2 I could speed shave at this setting without fear of cutting myself. 2 passes, no touchup required and shave was so smooth and close that I didn't feel whiskers on my face again until 7-8 later when time for dinner and I really didn't need to shave again this morning. I was impressed with the Rockwell 6S four years ago and even more impressed with this Model-T. Patience surely paid off this time for me and at the kickstarter intro price of $79 it is a steal. Came with a nice box for storage, similar to the Feather razors, 100 Rockwell blades and a leather DE razor cover.

SOTD, Monday, Feburay 18th, 2019

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Al's custom scented 'Canoe' shave cream
Simpson badger brush
Kai folding shavette + Feather Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Penhaligon's Racquet cologne

proxy.php

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Sears Finest Badger
Soap: Mysric Water Pompelmo & Fiori
Razor: ATT SE1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (4)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: L'artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe

I love the Mystic Water scents, and when I dial in the lather, it stands up to the best premium soaps in my den. I am never quite sure if I've got the lather right; it forms differently from any of my other soaps.
Tonight was spot on. Even the against the grain pass was effortless - a beautiful shave!

18 Feb 2019
OneBlade Hybrid
Feather FHS-10 (5)
Semogue /r/wetshaving 2017 LE
Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
The Shave Doctor ASB
IMG_20190218_232921.jpg

Monday SOTD

Brush: Muhle V2 Travel Brush

Second day using the Rockwell Gunmetal finish Model-T adjustable razor and have to say, that after waiting almost 3 years for this thing to arrive on my doorstep and expecting a letdown, the shock is on me. Still a long way to go with trying different blades but when paired with the Super Iridium, a no touchup 2 pass shave. The finish is perfect gunmetal mirror finish, has a nice weight to it, smooth adjustment range and I like the fact I am not locked into settings like the Fatboy. I set mine at 2.7-2.8 range (max is 6) and at this setting it was like shaving with a Feather AS-D2 but the Model-T shave closer, and like the AS-D2 I could speed shave at this setting without fear of cutting myself. 2 passes, no touchup required and shave was so smooth and close that I didn't feel whiskers on my face again until 7-8 later when time for dinner and I really didn't need to shave again this morning. I was impressed with the Rockwell 6S four years ago and even more impressed with this Model-T. Patience surely paid off this time for me and at the kickstarter intro price of $79 it is a steal. Came with a nice box for storage, similar to the Feather razors, 100 Rockwell blades and a leather DE razor cover.

OK, I know you are traveling, Guy — but, c’mon, NO PHOTO of this great new razor?!
Good thing I know how to Google.
You owe us.

Patti

Tuesday SOTD
Repeat of Monday's shave

Brush: Muhle Synthetic V2 Travel Brush

Ariana & Evans | NYC
Leo Frilot Captain Marvel | AP Shave Co. Cashmere 30mm
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

SOTD : 19th February 2019.

10.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum. (3)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

The parker 87r/ gillette 7'0clock S.P. blade was a superb smooth match mowing through my stubble effortlessly leaving my face super smooth...A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom