What's new

Dunhill for Men (1934)

Anyone else really like the original Dunhill? I think its a great traditional manly scent! Definitely my signature in the winter.

It's one of my absolute favorites. Last summer I bought 2 boxes with the aftershave balm. It is hands down the best quality for the price in my collection. It has a definite James Bond vibe to it and, for the price, you can afford to wear it every day. It has fantastic longevity.

Let's hope it stays in production for a long time. I tried Dunhill Edition and it's been reformulated into a faint hint of what it was. I hope time doesn't kill these classics.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's one of my absolute favorites. Last summer I bought 2 boxes with the aftershave balm. It is hands down the best quality for the price in my collection. It has a definite James Bond vibe to it and, for the price, you can afford to wear it every day. It has fantastic longevity.

Let's hope it stays in production for a long time. I tried Dunhill Edition and it's been reformulated into a faint hint of what it was. I hope time doesn't kill these classics.
Gotta try it. 007 can't be wrong!

It's one of my favorites. I like Dunhill Edition too--it's great for summer. When was Edition reformulated? I'm still using a bottle that I got at a Dunhill shop in Tokyo a couple of years ago.

When was Edition reformulated

I want to say it smelled quite a bit stronger in the mid 2000's when I first smelled it. It could have been particularly hit hard with the restriction of oakmoss. I'm not sure. People on fragrantica implied it was a recent change to the formulation, so I am thinking it's post 2012.

I was going to buy some and then someone told me that Avon Black Suede was very similar. I have a full bottle of Avon Black Suede so I didn't get it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I was going to buy some and then someone told me that Avon Black Suede was very similar. I have a full bottle of Avon Black Suede so I didn't get it.

Funny. I picked up Black Suede yesterday - love it - and saw the reference, too.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
What do you think of the Black Suede, AA? Have you smelled Dunhill original?
No; to the Dunhill. But now it's safe to guess I'd like it.

Black Suede is about the safest cologne imaginable... Somebody doesn't like this, they probably dont like chicken wings, puppies or freedom.

Vintage Avon rocks.

AA

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No; to the Dunhill. But now it's safe to guess I'd like it.

Black Suede is about the safest cologne imaginable... Somebody doesn't like this, they probably dont like chicken wings, puppies or freedom.

Vintage Avon rocks.

AA
Vintage Avon indeed rocks.

Top Bottom