16 Feb 2019
Rockwell 6S
Bic Astor (1)
WildWestBrushworks Purple Nebula 24mm Finest
Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Bulldog ASB
IMG_20190216_192543.jpg

proxy.php

So, first time with an ac kamisori. Wow. Sharp. It felt great. Obviously I need to refine my method/technique, but it worked. My wife could tell which side used the feather and which used the much milder mamba.

The b&m lavanille was interesting. Never used brown lather before. Smell is kind of rustic.

The b&m reserve classic splash is great.

Saturday SOTD

Schick Injector Type G4 Schick 66
Schick Injector blade (4)
TOBS Avocado
Stirling 22x51 li'l brudder synthetic
Aqua Velva Musk​

^nice! welcome to B&B and SOTD!

SOTD, Saturday, February 16th, 2019

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Santa Maria Novella shave cream + Plisson badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
SMN Acqua di Cuba cologne

proxy.php

SOTD

Gillette 1925
MWF AND persona Red
The brush was a butter and bred one that came years ago with a shaving bowl and mirror.

The Soap ist to me after this 3 shaves very comfortable. Fine lather and no dry skin feeling after the shave.
View attachment 953340
Well, for me it was the third shave with a vintage razor like this. The first two times I tried it with a Gillette Platinum, what was with LaToja Soap and the MWF horrible. I ordere a few samples of different blades and gave the Personna Red a try. I can't das that it is much better. Using the Old Spice after I was a screaming like Johnny Weissmuller in Tarzan.....

Any suggestions what blade to use tomorrow?

Sir Vintage! Welcome to B&B!
Beautiful vintage Gillette razor!
Sad to hear you had irritation.
My two suggestions.
Spend lots of time on your shave prep.
I personally like to use a translucent glycerin soap, rubbed over wet whiskers, lathered with brush, then lightly rinsed.
Follow with regular shave soap/cream lather.
Second, your vintage Gillette is a little on the aggressive side, so you'll need to back off on the angle (more flat to the face with the cap) and keep extra light touch, no pressure.

With a little practice, I GUARANTEE you will have zero irritation!!

Enjoy the journey!!

colgate art of shaving gillette penhaligon blenheim bouquet september 1 2017.jpg

THB Mountain Man lathered and applied with a Wolf Whiskers/Elite Manchurian White. Stubble shaved with a Nacet (6) in an ATT R2. All finished with Proraso Green.
RSCN2561.JPG

Prep : Nivea Men Pure Impact shower gel and Proraso green pre-shave cream
HJM Pure Badger brush
Denim shaving cream
Merkur Futur
Shark Super Chrome (2)
Denim Black
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm
IMG_20190216_193505.jpg

The Shark Super Chrome is an aggressive blade so I toned down the Futur to setting 2 this time. It was much smoother this time, not just because of the setting but also because it dulled a bit. My moustache and neck hairs are pretty thick and coarse so they wear down some of the blades faster.
All in all a very good shave-just one tiny weeper on the right corner of my moustache that closed right up and a very slight irritation on the left of my neck area that disappeared in minutes after applying the balm.

SOTD : 17th February 2019.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / Bloom water face wash.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(2)

Razor: Pearl SBF-11.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aqua Velva ASL.(European Version)

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

The williams mug shaving soap is becoming a regular addition to my shave set ups, this wonderful in-expensive soap after been bloomed for 5 minutes in hot tap water, rubbed directly into my stubble like a shave stick, then face lathered with a damp brush adding water to the tips of the brush, between each pass, once passed the airy/bubbly stage your rewarded with a slick protective lather, leaving a superb past shave feel to the face..

The Pearl SBF-11 / Gillette 7'0 Clock super platinum,was yet another wonderful match...A very enjoyable sunday morning shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Date: 17 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #11
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

11 days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave.

Sunday, febraury 17
Floid pre shave; Wholly Kaw, King of Oud, shaving soap & aftershave Tonner; Shavemac “Americana” Silvertip D01 2 bands; Rich Abr. Herder, "El pastor", Solingen acero carbono 13/16.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom