What's new

Which is the best High End Razor?

Which High End Razor brand is Best?

• Total voters
proxy.php

I won't vote since I've only used 3 out of the ones you listed, but I will follow this thread.
Certainly voting for your favorite of the ones you have tried would be of great value to all. It is just a pulse check and this will not be added this to your list on judgement day...

If one were best by any kind of consensus why would the others exist? Honestly it's a silly question that gets asked over and over..I don't get it.

The best is not going to be the same for everyone. I know you are looking for an opinion but someone who likes a mild razor will vote differently than someone who prefers an aggressive razor.
With that said, I have always found that Above The Tie (ATT) makes high quality products and most importantly they are always available. Many of these are not available when you want to buy one. If I decide I want to buy a razor I want to buy it NOW not 2 months from now. ATT all the way for me.

If one were best by any kind of consensus why would the others exist? Honestly it's a silly question that gets asked over and over..I don't get it.
It is helpful to ask questions and hear opinions on these brands. The mere fact that it is asked over and over again shows how important and valid it is to many people even if you find it "silly." I find it fun. We all know there is no best, but the topic can lead to people sharing their experiences with these brands. Another reason the topic comes up often is because people want as much advice as they can find when it comes to spending more than $XXX.00 on a razor.

RAW Shaving wins hands down
What is up with lubricating strips on the RS-18? Were they bought out by Gillette? Also, what is up with this ad:
How do you measure brilliance? Really??? The RS-10 seems to have many fans though...

It is helpful to ask questions and hear opinions on these brands. The mere fact that it is asked over and over again shows how important and valid it is to many people even if you find it "silly." I find it fun. We all know there is no best, but the topic can lead to people sharing their experiences with these brands. Another reason the topic comes up often is because people want as much advice as they can find when it comes to spending more than $XXX.00 on a razor.
Then ask for opinions not a what is best poll. It's meaningless unless someone has experience with all the razors and also happens to have your face. You have your opinion about these threads, that's simply mine.

My favorites in order FWIW

Timeless Bronze SB
Blackland Dart
Timeless 95
Karve D/F
Rockwell 6C
Blackland Blackbird

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What is up with lubricating strips on the RS-18? Were they bought out by Gillette? Also, what is up with this ad:
How do you measure brilliance? Really??? The RS-10 seems to have many fans though...
I think we are all thinking of the RS10 here. I have not tried the RS18, and of those that I have heard from who have both, they seem to like the RS10 better.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I voted even though I've not tried each listed razor because my presumption is that very few have had a chance to try them all. Of those listed, I've been blessed to experience ATT (SE2, H1, H2), Wolfman (WR1 .94), Blackland (Blackbird, Dart), Charcoal Goods (CGL3 OC, CGL3 SB) and Karve (w/F plate). Of those I'd rank them as follows:

1. CGL3 SB
2. Wolfman WR1 .94
3. CGL3 OC
4. ATT SE2
5. ATT H1
6. ATT H2
7. Blackland Dart
8. Blackland Blackbird
9. Karve w/F plate

I'd actually slot in the Ikon Tech at #3 on this list just behind the CGL3 SB and the Wolfman WR1 .94 (which were very similar to each other and stood out as particularly special for their aggressiveness/efficiency, blade feel and smoothness). That said, the iTech is the most aggressive. It's behind the other two simply because it's a bit on the harsh side. In my opinion, it belongs without question in the class with modern high-end razors.

None of them were bad razors. In fact, they were each in their own way special. However, I feel no need to own them all. I own the CLG3 SB, the Ikon Tech, and the ATT H1 & H2 (though I plan to sell the latter).

As should be obvious from this list, I favor aggressive razors.

There’s no best for me.
My FAVORITE cost me all of
3 bucks from a collectible store
It’s shiny again. It’s the ball End Tech.
When new in it’s box it sold for 49 cents.
Can’t beat that price.

Top Bottom