What's new

Is anyone not happy with the Game Changer .84

If you ask me, the ideal length of a razor handle is anywhere between 80mm to 85mm. I keep my pinkie under the handle, somehow supporting and stabilizing it, in some grip positions. Any shorter than 80mm and it becomes difficult when I try to rest the pinkie on the end of the handle. Any longer than 85mm and I hit my chest when shave lower neck.
Here are the available handles from RazoRock:

Barber Pole, 12 mm x 85 mm
Radio Knob, 12 mm x 85 mm
Super Knurl, 13 mm x 91 mm
HD, 12 mm x 85 mm

You can guess which ones are my favorite.
I must say here that I use the same Bulldog 80mm handle with all my razors, except when I play with the Fatip, of course.
Your choice.

I have the halo handle and think it’s a perfect match to the GC head. I’ve also use a knurled Edwin Jagger handle and the Maggard MR11 (I think that’s the model number). I still like the Halo handle best.

I have the barber pole, which I love. I love the aesthetics of the barber pole—it reminds me of the Aristocrat handle.

The GC .84 is my favorite closed comb razor. I prefer it to my vintage Gillette closed combs and my Merkur 34.

Last edited:
I'm still on the fence about the gc 0.84.

It's a tad aggressive and heavy imo. Perhaps I'm more used to 70-80g vintage razors to be fair.

So far the karve in a n plate and vintage gillettes seem to suit me better than the modern more aggressive razors like the gc 0.84.

I'll be giving the gc a few more tries before deciding what to do with it.

I am going to buy the .84, I am still waiting for this handle to be for sale again, is taking forever
upload_2019-2-11_11-6-8.png

Is that the best best handle for the .84 ?
At 91mm long and weighing ~82g I would absolutely hate it. It's like a heavyweight vaulting pole to me. But then we're all different, thankfully.

I much prefer my custom 75mm x 16g resin handle.
upload_2019-2-11_11-15-19.png
:001_wub:

BTW, the GC84 with the Super Knurl handle is ON SALE NOW! :wink2:

I have the game changer .68 and .84 along with the Barber pole and Super knurled handle. Having some pretty large hands, I really like the Super knurled handle. It is pretty much the longest handle I like to use. I have the 100mm Titanium that came with the Mamba 70 and although I have tried it a couple of time and it would probably be fine if it was the only one I have, I prefer to use the ones that are a bit shorter!

On the game changer itself, I enjoy both of them and I'm using pretty much equally one another. It took me come shave to get use to the .68, but the .84 was love at first use!

My next razor is going to be a GC .84, I need something more aggressive than a EJ-89.
Is anyone not happy with the GC .84 ? Is the .84 more aggressive than a EJ-89 ?

Thanks for the comments
Just to give an alternative opinion from all but maybe one other poster here, I found the .84 steps over the line into too aggressive for daily use territory, though not by much. I found it possible to get just as close a shave with the .68, which is significantly less aggressive, with just a little more time and effort. However, it's not hard to see why many, maybe with tougher beards and tougher skin, would be very happy with the .84 even on a daily basis. It sure has high build quality and close tolerances and easily produces a close shave.

I have the .68 GC. It has become my go to daily razor. Can't find any faults with it. RAD tells me I will try the .84 one day and the OC if they ever make it.

Just to give an alternative opinion from all but maybe one other poster here, I found the .84 steps over the line into too aggressive for daily use territory, though not by much. I found it possible to get just as close a shave with the .68, which is significantly less aggressive, with just a little more time and effort. However, it's not hard to see why many, maybe with tougher beards and tougher skin, would be very happy with the .84 even on a daily basis. It sure has high build quality and close tolerances and easily produces a close shave.
This. I feel exactly the same about the .84.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Actually it is pointless to extol virtue of GC.84 without reference of beard and skin type.
It did not work for me the way I wanted to. I have dense salt pepper Asian beard with sensitive skin and I shave without prep before shower. My shave soaps are typically in $10 to 16 range. I use Polsilver and Gillette Black 90% of time.
A DFS on GC with some carefully executed strokes is doable but I am not able to get a BBS even with feathers blade. Adjusting any angle did not turned it into more efficient razor. I tend to shave fast so that could be another factor.
I traded mine as it failed to cut the mustard!
I wonder if razorock will up the gap and launch an update? It was a good razor and I would like a more aggressive update.

Actually it is pointless to extol virtue of GC.84 without reference of beard and skin type.
It did not work for me the way I wanted to. I have dense salt pepper Asian beard with sensitive skin and I shave without prep before shower. My shave soaps are typically in $10 to 16 range. I use Polsilver and Gillette Black 90% of time.
A DFS on GC with some carefully executed strokes is doable but I am not able to get a BBS even with feathers blade. Adjusting any angle did not turned it into more efficient razor. I tend to shave fast so that could be another factor.
I traded mine as it failed to cut the mustard!
I wonder if razorock will up the gap and launch an update? It was a good razor and I would like a more aggressive update.

If you need more aggressive than the GC84, I seriously recommend the Fatip Grande (OC) or Muhle R41. Super aggressive isn't what RR does with the GC or Mamba lines....

I have the .84. It’s a really nice razor, but I need something more aggressive to deal with my coarse beard (especially in the winter). Lately, I have been alternating between a couple of a Wolfman WR2s (in higher gaps) and a Feather AC DX. I still like the GC, so I have relagated it to travel duty. I like a milder razor (than my others) for travel, so it works out well.

Top Bottom