What's new

Route 66 soap.

I received my new order of Route 66 soap today. It doesn’t seem to get much mention here on the forum. That’s kind of a shame and surprising as its really a great soap. Here are my thoughts on its performance.

Lather- It lathers extremely easy. Right on par with Tacac and Stirling.

Slickness- Again, right on par with some of the better soaps like Tabac, Stirling and MWF.

Cushion- This depends on how you build your lather, if you don’t over wet it, its cushion is as good as any.

Scent- So far I have only tried 3 of their soaps. All 3 smelled very good to me.

Overall performance- On a scale of 1-10, I would honestly give it a 9.5.

E1803026-0046-4AA1-8544-517A8195B97E.jpeg
B0185976-73B3-497C-9727-5FF7D24A3201.jpeg
3DF657A8-6B47-41EF-AAEE-C3A045DECD4D.jpeg
73DE9E49-C4FD-463F-BC5E-29F236EF9367.jpeg
C6D80DDB-91FE-4DB5-8A76-CC809D7ADCC4.jpeg
69F4399C-7DD6-41A4-8517-F5CDAA2D658C.jpeg
EC14C293-C86B-4F94-8CAB-784189D8B1E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Route 66 is one of my favorite soaps, maintaining a permanent place in my rotation. Bourbon Jungle is also one of my favorite scents in any soap.

proxy.php

It's on my radar, but I already have enough soap to last 20 years. So many soaps to try . . . . . . so little time!

It's on my radar, but I already have enough soap to last 20 years. So many soaps to try . . . . . . so little time!
I hear you brother. I have a few to many myself. However this one is definitely in my top three favorites now. It’s really an excellent soap.

6 month thread bump, I guess. Just curious if anyone is still using this soap or has ordered it recently.

In 2017 I purchased about 85% of their samples and then 5 full jars of their soap....settled on Cavendish, High Mountain Mint, Rum Runner, Barbershop Hop, and Bay Lime Twist. There are several other scents I also like quite a bit.

Anyway, turns out these Route 66 soaps are some of the few of the many soaps I've accumulated and actually have finished / are going to finish and I'm going to order some more. I've noticed their website appears without some of the images and I'm wondering if they are still in business? Their Facebook page is outdated as well. Just curious if any of you have ordered recently.

I know this is quite an old review but thanks @SGH for writing it up! I generally buy 3 soaps per year and use them till they’re done. Each tends to last 4-5 months so 3 is about a yearly supply. I settled on next year being a grooming dept soap and i’m still looking for 2 others. This might be one! Question though, i always buy pucks because i like using my shaving bowl and lathering right on the puck. How hard would it be to remove it from it’s container and put it into a shaving bowl? Thanks again!

I know this is quite an old review but thanks @SGH for writing it up! I generally buy 3 soaps per year and use them till they’re done. Each tends to last 4-5 months so 3 is about a yearly supply. I settled on next year being a grooming dept soap and i’m still looking for 2 others. This might be one! Question though, i always buy pucks because i like using my shaving bowl and lathering right on the puck. How hard would it be to remove it from it’s container and put it into a shaving bowl? Thanks again!
Good question and unfortunately I don't have a good answer. Route 66 soaps are more of a "hard croap" for lack of a better term. Not as hard as say a puck of Tabac. That said, I did scoop about about 1/2 of my R66 High Mountain Mint out of the jar and pressed it to fit it in a smaller aluminum tin that I use in my travel kit. I'm thinking you may be able to extract most of the croap from the R66 jar with one scoop and then re-form it into a puck for your use. Just my opinion....and I don't want to steer you wrong, so maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

One thing about this R66 though, the longer I've owned it and used it along with dozens of other soaps and creams, the more I appreciate it. Performance for me is superb during and post shave (I have soft water), and the scents are more complex and refined than most others. First class stuff in my humble opinion.

Good question and unfortunately I don't have a good answer. Route 66 soaps are more of a "hard croap" for lack of a better term. Not as hard as say a puck of Tabac. That said, I did scoop about about 1/2 of my R66 High Mountain Mint out of the jar and pressed it to fit it in a smaller aluminum tin that I use in my travel kit. I'm thinking you may be able to extract most of the croap from the R66 jar with one scoop and then re-form it into a puck for your use. Just my opinion....and I don't want to steer you wrong, so maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

One thing about this R66 though, the longer I've owned it and used it along with dozens of other soaps and creams, the more I appreciate it. Performance for me is superb during and post shave (I have soft water), and the scents are more complex and refined than most others. First class stuff in my humble opinion.

Sounds like it’ll definitely work for my purposes! Basically i was worried that it might be too hard to effectively scoop out. But a hard croap is perfect. Thanks!

Top Bottom