What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

D03406AD-F15B-4B72-A406-54269CB41830.jpeg
Protech The Don, red anodized aluminum scales inlaid with carbon fiber, 3.5" black coated blade

View attachment 943564
Bought a Godfather a little while ago; flip flopped between it and The Don for quite a while. Hard choice! Protech makes a nice auto.

Benchmade 486 Nakamura Saibu

I want one of those :001_tt1:
It's a sweet EDC knife that has a deep carry clip and is so lite I can hardly tell I have it in my pocket. I did a little work to it to loosen it up at first, and now it deploys easily and is a very enjoyable EDC knife.

Doing some various food prep tonight (making mustard here) so carrying my A. G. Russell folding chef’s knife. I’ll be cutting fruit for the dehydrater next.

F8162941-F3DC-4339-A5CF-4C66D41C099B.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

MEK Kiridashi from Banzelcroft Customs. Way better then the Stanley’s I used to lug around for work.

I've carried a Spyderco Delica for quite a few years, more than I thought I guess. It seems they stopped using this steel (ATS 55) in 2000 I think which made me think about when I actually picked it up. It was in 92-93 and it has served me very well. Its as tight today as the day I bought it.

Recently I have been working with a friend who collects knives and he always has something but more often than not it is an Endura.
The 4" blade and larger handle gave me envy so I started looking at some new ones.
The Military has a 4" blade and it is just a touch too big for me to carry around but I like the handle size so I picked up the Para Military 2 in G10 and S30v (which I love) I also really like the compression lock over the liner lock of the Military, was never a fan of liner locks.

proxy.php

I think anything bigger would not be as comfortable for EDC but I thought the same years ago and now am enamored with the new PM2.
It cannot be felt during daily tasks and the G10 feels incredibly sturdy as well as filling my hand for heavy duty tasks, coupled with the flat grind and this thing is a demon slicer, very happy with it.
The newer 2015 version has the extra metal liners to support the compression lock which is nice.

057031D3-F8EE-4CC7-A7D5-EFBD665458F8.jpeg
Case Texas Toothpick... Christmas gift from my 2 and a half year old son (via my wife). I prefer small Case knives and this one fits the bill.

This Contego for about 4 years, with a brief Spyderco Manix 2 hiatus. But I just got a 940-2 that has been getting all of the pocket time it's kind of like a mini-contego.

proxy.php

I wanted one of those jade ghosts so bar :( I have Earth brown G10 and a couple others but totally missed the boat on the jade ghost.

Cancel that, I didn't know this was a new offering. Thought it was the one they ran about a year or so ago. I'm looking at buying a new pistol, watch, or both, so the jade ghost will have to wait... Again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom