What's new

Shampoo bar suggestions

Been reading a lot on here how some use only shampoo bars and get great results.

Any suggestions for someone like me that hasn't ever tried one? I like the idea of on product for the entire body.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Been reading a lot on here how some use only shampoo bars and get great results.

Any suggestions for someone like me that hasn't ever tried one? I like the idea of on product for the entire body.
Me too. Will be watching this thread.

I tried shampoo bars, but for years I have used a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar soap for hair, face & body. Shampoo bars (and Grandpa's) need a hair rinse and the best rinse, even with shampoo, is diluted apple cider vinegar. I use ACV with mothers, but you can start with the cheapest ACV diluted (10:1 or 5:1 or 3:1 water/acv). Just don't use ACV straight and whatever the solution, keep your eyes closed.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I tried shampoo bars, but for years I have used a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar soap for hair, face & body. Shampoo bars (and Grandpa's) need a hair rinse and the best rinse, even with shampoo, is diluted apple cider vinegar. I use ACV with mothers, but you can start with the cheapest ACV diluted (10:1 or 5:1 or 3:1 water/acv). Just don't use ACV straight and whatever the solution, keep your eyes closed.
My dad used Grandpa's. He had exczema pretty bad, and it really helped him. I'll look into that for my occasional skin/scalp issues. Thanks.

I recently made the switch to Stirling shampoo bars and have had very favorable results. I'd been using their bath bars for about 1.5yrs now so decided to branch out and have to say I'm very satisfied...

Hair Care

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I will look into this, big time. How did it perform, both as shampoo and as a shave soap? Thanks.

It's a lather bomb! It shampoos great and shaves perfectly well!

An awesome soap, apparently.

Again; I cannot "read" soap ingredients, but there's some good here.

AA

I have and use D.R.Harris shampoo bar in the Arlington scent. I have been very happy with the results and it smells great!

I love Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements shampoo bars. They leave my hair feeling soft and clean and the scents are awesome.

Forgive my ignorance as I've been a head and shoulders kind of a guy my whole life. Would the rinse be used pre or post shampoo bar?

Top Bottom