What's new

God I love Arko.

Everybody should get a whole box of Arko shave sticks because it’s so CHEAP!!

proxy.php

Everybody should get a whole box of Arko shave sticks because it’s so CHEAP!!

proxy.php
Heck yeah! A little over a year, I wanted to try Arko, as it had pretty much the same ingredients as vintage Williams, so, yeah, I bought the 12 pack. I still haven't used up the first stick (I'm still using my other soaps, too), and I gave one to my brother in law, so these should probably last me until I retire.

Some of us truly hate the scent of Arko. I am fine with it, and would compare it to the scent of Ivory soap, but more intense. I like it's performance, and you can't beat the price with a stick. It's not in my rotation, however, there are too many soaps and creams I like better.

At first I thought I'll join the Arko cult, but ...

It really dries out my face too severely. I have to apply lip balm to my lips after shaving if it comes in contact with them while brushing/lathering. I also get some skin irritation and itch.

Also, on the protection front it's not that good to me.

Overall great soap, great value, but not getting along with my face.

M

member 119848

Arko is cheap and performs, but dries my skin too.
My relationship with Arko had to come to an end due to the chemical-detergent scent.

I don't care for Arko.. I can't say it performed poorly, but I could "feel" it on my face after I was done using it. I don't enjoy using a soap I want to keep rinsing off.

I threw it out, I hated to waste it, but life is too short to use something you don't enjoy, especially when I use safety razors for the enjoyment of it.

Top Bottom