What's new

Artists' Club

. . . We launched Artist Club
injector blade in late 1970's and we got into the barber industry with
our first model of professional razor in early 1970's.

Wow. Thanks, Marcus. Now I think I was probably getting trimmed & neck-shaved with Artists’ Club when I lived in Japan in the ‘90s, and didn’t have a clue.

I figured at the earliest, this type of shaving system came after AIDS . . .

Vintage Feather with a Pro Super (4) today here in Devon:
AD0B7FB4-A3D1-4C74-9C45-16ADD66FEFF1.jpeg

An excellent razor, an excellent blade and an excellent shave.

So I have had a LOT of great shaves this last month or so with my N06. Enough that I decided to find a reasonably priced Feather Professional Artist Club SS to further fuel my new appetite for these awesome blades. I also started using the Feather Professional Super blades and WOW what an amazing shave! I am looking forward to getting many more shaves in with the SS. I am still a big fan of my other straights, but I can’t deny the efficiency of the Feather brand. I can absolutely count on the Feather to give a great, consistent shave with little maintenance.

Now that I have the SS, my N06 is going to be part of my gym/ work shave kit. I will also take it on my trips that are only a few days long. I won’t feel as bad if it goes missing or gets crushed as I would if my SS or any of my straights were dispatched in such a way.

I am also going to keep my eye out for a vintage type Feather. I am not aggressively looking, but I think when it shows itself I will know and pick it up. These are a lot harder to find than many of the straights that I currently own. Definitely a testament to their dependability and high demand. Looking forward to many more shaves with the Feather!
hUzPbFHYTNWKDD8E%pbCgQ.jpg

So I have had a LOT of great shaves this last month or so with my N06. Enough that I decided to find a reasonably priced Feather Professional Artist Club SS to further fuel my new appetite for these awesome blades. I also started using the Feather Professional Super blades and WOW what an amazing shave! I am looking forward to getting many more shaves in with the SS. I am still a big fan of my other straights, but I can’t deny the efficiency of the Feather brand. I can absolutely count on the Feather to give a great, consistent shave with little maintenance.

Now that I have the SS, my N06 is going to be part of my gym/ work shave kit. I will also take it on my trips that are only a few days long. I won’t feel as bad if it goes missing or gets crushed as I would if my SS or any of my straights were dispatched in such a way.

I am also going to keep my eye out for a vintage type Feather. I am not aggressively looking, but I think when it shows itself I will know and pick it up. These are a lot harder to find than many of the straights that I currently own. Definitely a testament to their dependability and high demand. Looking forward to many more shaves with the Feather!View attachment 954332
Great stuff Tony!
Artist Club is such a great way of shaving.

And yes I adore my vintage Feather.
One is sure to find you if you really want it - they are a very varied and interesting class of razor and the more pictures we can get of them on here the better!

Quick heads up folks - there’s now a raft of those N06 SS clones on AliExpress with resin scales rather than the wooden ones.
Just search “Barber razor” and sort by “newest”...

These ones come with ten blades all for <£10
Amazing!

Quick heads up folks - there’s now a raft of those N06 SS clones on AliExpress with resin scales rather than the wooden ones.
Just search “Barber razor” and sort by “newest”...

These ones come with ten blades all for <£10
Amazing!
Thanks for the heads up. Did you order one yet?

When I followed your search suggestion followed by sorting I get a message: " Sorry, your search ' barber razor ' did not match any products. A partial match of your keywords is listed below.", showing a list of 52,164 Results for "razor".

I did search for "resin barber razor" which returned one listing that included a "Rose red" aka pink handled and "White" handled razor for $11.64 USD but shipping to US was over $40. The finish looked better on this version than the N06 listing but who really knows just from photos.

I am not familiar with the Xuemary brand of blades. Has anyone here used them before? (Edit: a google search shows turns up many examples of Xuemary eyebrow blades and disposable shavers. So maybe these blades are more like nape blades than face shaving blades.)

Last edited:
I just finished one of these mods today. I just never got used to holding a kami-style shavette. And wasn’t ready to pay for a DX.

View attachment 958695

I used a wedge that widens at the top to better fit the triangular shape. it required two pieces of 1/8 acryllic glued together.

View attachment 958693

First shave tomorrow!
That is a very good looking razor you’ve made there - really excellent!

Thanks for the heads up. Did you order one yet?

When I followed your search suggestion followed by sorting I get a message: " Sorry, your search ' barber razor ' did not match any products. A partial match of your keywords is listed below.", showing a list of 52,164 Results for "razor".

I did search for "resin barber razor" which returned one listing that included a "Rose red" aka pink handled and "White" handled razor for $11.64 USD but shipping to US was over $40. The finish looked better on this version than the N06 listing but who really knows just from photos.

I am not familiar with the Xuemary brand of blades. Has anyone here used them before? (Edit: a google search shows turns up many examples of Xuemary eyebrow blades and disposable shavers. So maybe these blades are more like nape blades than face shaving blades.)
Yes I’ve ordered one for sure!!!
That’s the one you found with the rose or white scales option. There’s three different sellers with those razors on offer.
It’s free shipping to UK - hurray!!

I appreciate the compliments, guys.

3 shaves with the scaled CJB this week. Much better!

With the scales, I can rely on muscle memory developed over a year using straights. With the kami handle, I was having to learn how to manage the razor differently.

I finally found an older Feather Stainless for a very reasonable price. I paid more for shipping than for the razor! Gave it a test run today with a pro super and wow! This is the closest thing to a straight I have used as far as feel goes. The weight reminds me of shaving with a quarter hollow straight and it actually shaves like a straight. I love my SS but the pressure bump type shaving is not like shaving with a straight razor. I am really impressed with this razor and am looking forward to many more shaves with it.
fullsizeoutput_c82.jpeg

I finally found an older Feather Stainless for a very reasonable price. I paid more for shipping than for the razor! Gave it a test run today with a pro super and wow! This is the closest thing to a straight I have used as far as feel goes. The weight reminds me of shaving with a quarter hollow straight and it actually shaves like a straight. I love my SS but the pressure bump type shaving is not like shaving with a straight razor. I am really impressed with this razor and am looking forward to many more shaves with it. View attachment 966173
Absolutely beautiful! The vintage Feathers are so varied and interesting.
And as you say the shaving is a delight.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to AC shaving. Just ran through this entire thread in a day.

I got a Razorock Hawk and some Feather ProGuard blades recently and haven't touched my DE's for the last thirty-plus mostly daily, shaves. It's like a scalpel to a steak knife. I've been getting nice, comfortable BBS every single time on every part of my face! All with no irritation until today, which probably means it's time for a (2nd!) fresh blade. Now I've got to get rid of my old DE razors.

Truly appreciate the comments and experience shared.

Straights still scare the bejezus out of me though.

Welcome @yapyisoon! And thanks for chiming in. I gave straights a brief try . . . now I sometimes think about trying an Artists’s Club shavette . . . but really, I’m pretty sure a safety razor with these blades is the best of all worlds. You don’t have to get rid of your other razors . . . (but I did).

Another Feather SS clone from AliExpress, the N06C. I have not shaved with it yet, but it looks very similar to the N06R model with brown or black wood scales.
N06C-Feather-SS-Clone-1_20190717.jpg N06C-Feather-SS-Clone-2_20190717.jpg N06C-Feather-SS-Clone-3_20190717.jpg N06C-Feather-SS-Clone-4_20190717.jpg

Top Bottom