What's new

What did you hone today?

Gerber paring knife on a coarse Japanese natural and a garage sale stone I suspect is an Arkansas.

F3FF3AEB-624A-4AE9-B82B-F853DCC6B1AC.jpeg

In honed a 5/8 Salamander on the Coticule so I can experience a Coticule edge.

Got a 6/8 Geneva ready on the Thuringian for tomorrow.

My Higo is going to be featuerd in a Japanese TV show, so I figured I'd dress up the edge a bit.

proxy.php
:001_rolle

What is this beautiful stone?
Tell us about the straight razor please! In what context will it be on tv?

And now some contrast to Gammas beautiful stone and straight razor above,
progression on LF and end with "ugly".
v.JPG

@Gamma, if it will be in English and if you have a link please share.

Want to find out what this stone is so treated it as a finisher after LF to 0.3m.
Not shaved yet.
Skärmklipp.JPG

C.V. Heljestrand MK 4 Just received this blade Today .I was surprised by what nice shape she was in .I think she may even be NOS . .When I checked the factory bevel out it was perfect .Small and even .I just gave her a quick refresh on my J-Nat .50 Laps to remove oxidation and impart a J-Nat feel to the edge .Shave was wonderful .Edge felt smooth as silk and cut like a Samurai sword .
rps20190126_102956.jpg

View attachment 945537

Finally got this little guy honed up and ready to shave.

Quite elegant looking razor.
Is the hone an Llyn Idwal?

C.V. Heljestrand MK 4 Just received this blade Today .I was surprised by what nice shape she was in .I think she may even be NOS . .When I checked the factory bevel out it was perfect .Small and even .I just gave her a quick refresh on my J-Nat .50 Laps to remove oxidation and impart a J-Nat feel to the edge .Shave was wonderful .Edge felt smooth as silk and cut like a Samurai sword .
View attachment 947167

Heljestrand No.4 is one of my favorite razor, for me it has no weakness.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
View attachment 947167

Very nice. Great find. I need one of those razors.

I love how my two Söderen Straight save .I love the quality of their Steel and the attention to detail in manufacture. Söderen razors are almost impossible to find in the US.

Top Bottom