What's new

TV dads

Growing up, who was your favorite TV dad?

TV dads from these shows come to mind:

Life of Riley. Father Knows Best. Leave it to Beaver. My Three Sons. All in the Family. Dobie Gillis. Dennis the Menace. The Donna Reed Show. Andy Griffith. The Real McCoys. Ozzie & Harriet. & many more.

Ozzie Nelson was always a bit too ernest for me, but I liked a fella who was always ready to treat at the malt shop.

Two votes for a guy who sells women's shoes and one vote for a fella with his own jail cell.

I thought my family was dysfunctional.

Great examples mentioned so far, but I'm gonna go with Michael Landon (Charles Ingalls) from Little House on the Prairie. Maybe Conrad Bain (Phillip Drummond) from Diff'rent Strokes... Must be some others I'm forgetting.. Oh, Redd Foxx (Fred Sanford) from Sanford and Son...

I liked Steve Douglas on My Three Sons and Uncle Bill (technically not a dad) on Family Affair. Oddly enough, always though Herman Munster was a pretty good dad.

Got to go with AL as my favorite too.
Honorable mentions to Dan Conner and Tim Taylor.
A also did really like Cliff too.

Growing up, who was your favorite TV dad?

TV dads from these shows come to mind:

Life of Riley. Father Knows Best. Leave it to Beaver. My Three Sons. All in the Family. Dobie Gillis. Dennis the Menace. The Donna Reed Show. Andy Griffith. The Real McCoys. Ozzie & Harriet. & many more.

Ozzie Nelson was always a bit too ernest for me, but I liked a fella who was always ready to treat at the malt shop.

Interesting responses.

My father behaved much like childless Ralph Kramden all too frequently, tho he lacked that character's get rich quick ideas. Very short fuse. LOL

And unlike Ozzie, there were no trips to the malt shop.

Porter Ricks (Brian Kelly), can't say i remember him at all but his sons sure got up to some crazy times with Flipper so he must have been pretty cool to let them get away with that week after week.
dave

Archie, Tim the toolman, and Al Bundy always made me laugh. As a kid I liked Jason Seaver and Charles Ingalls they always had a few teachable moments here and there in their shows.

Top Bottom