What's new

Arko - Stinks!!!

recently found a stick of Arko in a local shop and decided as it was only a pound to give it a try,had heard it was an acquired taste but heard the same about Tabac that I love the scent of. i was not prepared for the stench that is Arko, this stuff literally smells like a urinal, actually made me feel a bit queasy, shame as this lathers like a beast, nevermind

recently found a stick of Arko in a local shop and decided as it was only a pound to give it a try,had heard it was an acquired taste but heard the same about Tabac that I love the scent of. i was not prepared for the stench that is Arko, this stuff literally smells like a urinal, actually made me feel a bit queasy, shame as this lathers like a beast, nevermind
Actually, the scent has been compared to urinal...cake...that wonderful urinal breath mint with an institutional citrus scent. Price and performance are excellent!! A good alternative is Palmolive Shave Stick, similar price point with a much better scent.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Arko smells like a urinal? Whaaaaaaaaaattttttt???? :eek2:

Years ago, I went into the bathroom at the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris and was overjoyed that it smelled like Arko! :badger:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I love Arko!!

I have wondered if it will work as catfish bait?

I’ll have to get back to y’all on that one

Put it in a plastic bag with coffee grounds in it. Open it up in two or three days and the scent will be just fine.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Love it or loathe it, Arko does perform in just about any water on the planet. Cheap as chips but many do find the smell hard to take. I do not mind it but it did take a few uses to get used to it.

Actually, the scent has been compared to urinal...cake...that wonderful urinal breath mint with an institutional citrus scent. Price and performance are excellent!! A good alternative is Palmolive Shave Stick, similar price point with a much better scent.
Yeah, that is it , I have heard people make this comparison but was surprised when I smelt Arko and the scent was actually exactly like a urinal cake, I think I will pass on Arko , too many other soaps that smell much nicer

I cut mine up and put it into a mug that i keep near the sink.

After a few weeks the smell died down to almost nothing, not i just get a bit of it when i lather it up.

Top Bottom