What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Thanks for the review, I’ve found all Stirling shave soaps to be of good quality but haven’t tried that many

What would you recommend for an earthy scent or tobaccoISH?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for the review
i have several new aftershave
and i dont think the new versions or formulation is as strong as the older versions in the square bottles.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great write-up!

Stirling's base is universally liked, I think. And there's quite a range of scents.

Bergamot is a citrus, apparently. And either EM or SDM is based on Creed's Aventus cologne, I forget which.

AA

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ive always seen good reviews .They do have a wide variety and their price point is very acceptable especially justification to get many of the flavors. Ive read recently about the difference in essential oil and fragrance oil but to my use i cant tell any difference. They are usually in stock sometimes on sale ship very promptly with samples thrown in

ive been using the barbershop flavor soap regularly f or 2 or 3 weeks (not every day) the scent is fantastic but not traditional barbershop more vanilla which i absolutely love. In my limited experience their soap is better wuth a tiny bit more water than i usually have in my brush i fac e lather. i recently ordered their vanilla sandalwood hoping it would smell like barbershop lol

Excellent review! Great descriptions all in once place.

I have some work to do. 13 by my count. Doesn’t include several others that are full tube or samples in jars waiting. I enjoy Stirling!

proxy.php

Great simple write up of a great product offering... I'm an exclusive Stirling user for shave soap, bath bars, shampoo bars, after shave, heel and palm balm to name a few. Quality products that are readily available and won't break the bank!!

Great review and I agree with your summation, at least with the ones I've used.

I just stumbled on Gentleman as they sent me a sample with my new brush, and as it turns out I had a sample of the after shave!

This may be my favorite so far. Warm, light sweetness, Smokey and a little nutty. The soap is great, but the AS on top of it makes it sing! And the smell lasts forever!

I shaved with it Tuesday night before bed, and I could still smell it on me Wednesday night.

One benefit with Stirling is that they have so many different scents. I've found that it can be a shot in the dark when you switch from one soap maker to another. I bought Sandalwood from Mama Bear a long time ago and I ended up throwing it away.

Proraso and Cella are OK but I ended up throwing those away before I finished the container. I have Van Der Hagen shave soap that I now use as bath soap.

For me, there is a big difference between soap that I could shave with if necessary and soap that I actually enjoy shaving with. It was also kind of a relief when I finally tried out all of the Stirling scents that I was interested in.

Now I can just settle in and use what I have. I have 10 full size containers so that could last as long as 5 years. :) I've used up Stirling samples but so far I have come no where close to using up a full container.

I also like that the price per ounce is really pretty close to the cheapest soaps out there and yet the quality and variety is excellent.

One benefit with Stirling is that they have so many different scents. I've found that it can be a shot in the dark when you switch from one soap maker to another. I bought Sandalwood from Mama Bear a long time ago and I ended up throwing it away.

Proraso and Cella are OK but I ended up throwing those away before I finished the container. I have Van Der Hagen shave soap that I now use as bath soap.

For me, there is a big difference between soap that I could shave with if necessary and soap that I actually enjoy shaving with. It was also kind of a relief when I finally tried out all of the Stirling scents that I was interested in.

Now I can just settle in and use what I have. I have 10 full size containers so that could last as long as 5 years. :) I've used up Stirling samples but so far I have come no where close to using up a full container.

I also like that the price per ounce is really pretty close to the cheapest soaps out there and yet the quality and variety is excellent.
How long did it take you to get through a sample?

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

That's it! Thanks.

I don't care for GIT, but Aventus, I'm with the 99% …

AA
Yeah I’m kindof with you there. I’ve never smelled the Creed version, but the GIT clones I’ve tried from a few artisans don’t make me think I would ever go out and spend big bucks for the real thing, scent profile just doesn’t really do it for me

How long did it take you to get through a sample?

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

The Stirling samples are a generous 1oz, so you could shave everyday for a month or so to kill one depending on how much you lather. If you buy a lot of samples you'll be set for a while!

I should add, although I usually order directly from Stirling there are times when I'll order just a single full size container from West Coast Shaving as they now have free shipping on all products and they do carry some Stirling soaps so if they have the scent I'm looking for that's the cheapest way if I'm just looking for one full size container.

Maggard's and Stirling both charge for shipping, the threshold for free shipping is a bit lower at Maggard's and they also sometimes have seasonal scents that Stirling doesn't currently have in stock.

Top Bottom