What's new

Bugging out

Not sure you can bug out in Singapore - 20 minutes in any direction and you're in the water!

Ouch. And no squirrels. You will need a different plan. Most likely involving a raft, coconuts, and machete maybe? Let me know what you figure out for a plan.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The folks who do not bug out will enjoy whatever you leave behind. :)
rapture.jpg

So are you guys saying there is an advantage to NOT bugging out? That goes against everything I've read on the prepper sites.

And the Professor makes three. Just in case you have the need for a coconut radio.

This and your original question can't be answered. WAY too many variables.
And the Professor makes three. Just in case you have the need for a coconut radio.

This and your original question can't be answered. WAY too many variables.

Or so you think!!.. This is one of those where you can't really over think it. When bugging out becomes necessary we will likely live deep in the woods and subsist on root vegetables and squirrels

Or so you think!!.. This is one of those where you can't really over think it. When bugging out becomes necessary we will likely live deep in the woods and subsist on root vegetables and squirrels
Sure you can, paralysis by analysis. In any critical situation you need a well thought tested plan that is flexible enough to allow for improvisation as need dictates.

As for how you think we'll be living, you might want to print a copy of this and include this in your bug out U-Haul
Grey squirrel with pearl barley and root vegetables

INGREDIENTS - Serves two

One grey squirrel – left whole
One small onion – peeled and diced
One medium potato – peeled and diced
Two carrots – peeled and diced
One stick of celery – diced
One sprig of thyme
A good handful of pearl barley
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper

METHOD
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4) Place the squirrel in a roasting dish, cover with water, add a little salt and pepper, cover with foil and place in the oven for two hours. Remove from the oven, allow to cool a little and then lift the squirrel onto a plate so that you can pick the meat off the bones. Be careful not to include any small rib bones in the reserved meat.

Pass the resulting stock through a fine sieve into a saucepan, add the onion, potato, carrots, celery, thyme and barley, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the squirrel meat and simmer for a further five minutes. If there’s too much liquid, pour most of it off into another pan and reduce it at a fast boil before returning. Then taste and season if necessary.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
So are you guys saying there is an advantage to NOT bugging out? That goes against everything I've read on the prepper sites.

Bugging in or out depends on the situation and your plan. I haven't seen a plan of any sort. Do you have a specific location to go to? Shelter? Food? Clean water source? Fuel source for heat/cooking? Clothing? Family/Friends? Plans B & C in case plans A or B don't work out? Have plans A, B, and C been drilled and tested?

Bugging in or out depends on the situation and your plan. I haven't seen a plan of any sort. Do you have a specific location to go to? Shelter? Food? Clean water source? Fuel source for heat/cooking? Clothing? Family/Friends? Plans B & C in case plans A or B don't work out? Have plans A, B, and C been drilled and tested?
I only have a bug out bag with food for small family of 3. Basically the plan is to live off the land (squirrels mainly) and forge alliances with you folks.

If (when) the rapture indeed happens, I won't be very picky about sources of food. And I doubt yinz would either.

About 5-6 days in the woods with some heavy rain, and some fleabitten squirrel for food, no TP, no beer, no coffee, no flush toilet, no hot water... would give one a taste for the life. Anyone contemplating it should give it a trial run.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
About 5-6 days in the woods with some heavy rain, and some fleabitten squirrel for food, no TP, no beer, no coffee, no flush toilet, no hot water... would give one a taste for the life. Anyone contemplating it should give it a trial run.

Indeed. Include hungry kids and pissed off wife and you have a real treat on your hands.

Top Bottom