What's new

Bugging out

This seems to be a thread people are interested in lately. If you had to Bug Out what would be your three things.? I'll start.
1) Water in canteen
2) beef jerky
3) garbage bag (to collect more water)

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area. What about yinz?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
No water canteen? Smh lol I have no gun. But I do have some swinging fists and a 6 cell flashlight! :)
I have a slingshot for varmits too!

Ooops. No food for you. You are sunk. Not even a bow and arrow or a knife to hunt with? Although a slingshot could work...very well at times.

proxy.php

Good point. I will get a bow and arrow. I do have some land to practice on. You (or anyone) have any tips?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Good point. I will get a bow and arrow. I do have some land to practice on. You (or anyone) have any tips?

Establish an anchor point for your shooting hand when you draw the bow...like on your cheek right behind your mouth. Watch some youtube videos if you don't have anyone to show you. Then practice, practice, practice. A good pin sight on the bow will help with aiming. And I am definitely not real good with a bow...so take that for what it's worth. And do a smooth release.

Anchor point and smooth, quick release is valid with any slinging thing. I still have my Wham-O slingshot from when I was a kid and it can be not a toy...some serious stuff. My favorite is a handmade one a friend in the country of our neighbors to the north made me. I asked him what kind of wood it was made of and he said "Heck I don't know. It's just a forked branch that looked good that I picked up in the woods. It's from one of them Canadian trees."

Anchor point on slingshot, and also how you do a bow. Some blatant and excessive advertisement.

proxy.php

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Okay haha. Agreed but that leaves only one last thing. Water???
I guess youre right though.

Water is good...take a canteen to start with, then something to boil the water you can find...if you can find any.

Ooops. No food for you. You are sunk. Not even a bow and arrow or a knife to hunt with? Although a slingshot could work...very well at times.

Traps made from natural materials.....

#1 should always be a place to go

Remember the 6P rule... Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
#1 should always be a place to go

There's plenty of places to go "out there" for #1, it's #2 that could get uncomfortable. Just make sure you are using hardwood oak leaves or dried grass to clean up with and not poison oak.

Oh, you didn't mean that kind of go.

proxy.php

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As a nurse I once treated a patient that had used the wrong leaf. Not at all pleasant for either of us.

Establish an anchor point for your shooting hand when you draw the bow...like on your cheek right behind your mouth. Watch some youtube videos if you don't have anyone to show you. Then practice, practice, practice. A good pin sight on the bow will help with aiming. And I am definitely not real good with a bow...so take that for what it's worth. And do a smooth release.

Anchor point and smooth, quick release is valid with any slinging thing. I still have my Wham-O slingshot from when I was a kid and it can be not a toy...some serious stuff. My favorite is a handmade one a friend in the country of our neighbors to the north made me. I asked him what kind of wood it was made of and he said "Heck I don't know. It's just a forked branch that looked good that I picked up in the woods. It's from one of them Canadian trees."

Anchor point on slingshot, and also how you do a bow. Some blatant and excessive advertisement.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Great tips. I think it's safe to say that when we bug out, I'll be sufficiently prepared now. If anyone comes across me deep in the forest just announce your intentions first, such as "I come seeking your squirrel meat" or "I come in peace, let's forge an Alliance.". Etc.

I will gladly share the squirrels and would most likely forge an alliance. It will be rough at times but we must persist!!

Top Bottom