What's new

Haven’t thought about my Rockwell 2C since getting a Gillette Flare Tip

since writing this post, I think I've used the Rockwell only a few times. It was a real eye opener to get another razor -- my second being a PIFed Flare Tip. Since then RAD has taken over. I have acquire the following:

• Schick Krona (I think it was around $10). It is mild, but effective and very well weighted for me. Ideally, the handle would be a tad shorter
  • Gillette Pre War Fat Handle Tech (I've read about how smooth and effective this razor was, so I acquired this very, very good specimen for $10)
  • Gem Micromatic Open Comb (when I acquired the Tech, I didn't realize it was the tech and the Gem MMOC in a package with some blades and samples). I was scared to try it, but this gives an incredibly smooth and close shave it you get the angle. Perhaps the closest shave I've ever gotten.
  • Schick Injector (I believe a J). The Gem got me interested in single edge razors, and just yesterday I acquired this along with the a Gillette Slim Adjustable and another Gillette Flare tip for $13 off eBay
  • Gillette Slim Adjustable I've always wanted an adjustable gillette and this was too good of an offer to pass up. I had my first shave with this razor this morning with a new Astra SP on setting 5. it was smooth and cut through three days growth easily. Lives up to the hype.

I also have more razors coming soon and have PIFed my second flare tip to my friend who is currently using my Rockwell.

If you got the first generation with the chrome metal tip, you got a good one.

Can do better than the GEM MMOC as long as you have the GEM PTFE blades.

The Schick injector razors are so good regardless of the generation.

A good friend sent me the 6S as a Christmas gift in 2016. It was my RAD killer. My RAD was so strong that I had bought two Wolfmans (BBS-1 and such) and other premium products within a couple of months.
I am going to get this as a birthday present if anything. In the month of April. So I have to come to a decision shortly!

If you got the first generation with the chrome metal tip, you got a good one.

Can do better than the GEM MMOC as long as you have the GEM PTFE blades.

The Schick injector razors are so good regardless of the generation.
The Krona is 1st gen with the metal tip on the end.
I'm assuming you meant can't do better with the Gem MMOC. and I do have the GEM PTFE blades. Amazing. I'm goig to acquire a ClogPruf and Bullet Tip to round out the collection.
Looking forward to trying the injector.

The Krona is 1st gen with the metal tip on the end.
I'm assuming you meant can't do better with the Gem MMOC. and I do have the GEM PTFE blades. Amazing. I'm goig to acquire a ClogPruf and Bullet Tip to round out the collection.
Looking forward to trying the injector.
Sorry, yes should have written "can't". Congratulations on your collection. :a14:

Now looking at the Rockwell 6c and 6s. I'm thinking the 6s is a better buy. Seems like it could last a lifetime. I'm just wondering the difference in aggressiveness compared to my merkur 34c clone, the blades are easy to change on the 34c, and is pretty aggressive on body hair. I also have a merkur futur clone which is my go to for face at the moment, due to me having sensitive skin on the neck, a level 6 aggressive on that is about equivalent to the 34c, but the blades are hard to change, if I need to change blades to do body. So my question is how closer of a shave can you get with the 6s using a 6 plate is it more aggressive than 34c? As well as is the Rockwell any smoother than merkur 34c?

Now looking at the Rockwell 6c and 6s. I'm thinking the 6s is a better buy. Seems like it could last a lifetime. I'm just wondering the difference in aggressiveness compared to my merkur 34c clone, the blades are easy to change on the 34c, and is pretty aggressive on body hair. I also have a merkur futur clone which is my go to for face at the moment, due to me having sensitive skin on the neck, a level 6 aggressive on that is about equivalent to the 34c, but the blades are hard to change, if I need to change blades to do body. So my question is how closer of a shave can you get with the 6s using a 6 plate is it more aggressive than 34c? As well as is the Rockwell any smoother than merkur 34c?
The Rockwell 6c or 6s are both fantastic razors. You won’t be disappointed. Some prefer the chrome and think is smoother. And I believe the chrome will last a lifetime where the stainless is an heirloom

The Rockwell 6c or 6s are both fantastic razors. You won’t be disappointed. Some prefer the chrome and think is smoother. And I believe the chrome will last a lifetime where the stainless is an heirloom
I don't know if you have a 34c. But would a Rockwell 6s with a 6 plate be sharper, and any smoother at all? It's either this Rockwell razor, or Karve razor with a D plate for body. I'm happy with merkur futur for face!

I don't know if you have a 34c. But would a Rockwell 6s with a 6 plate be sharper, and any smoother at all? It's either this Rockwell razor, or Karve razor with a D plate for body. I'm happy with merkur futur for face! I don’t have a 34c bit perhaps check the blade gap on both. I assume it will be more aggressive.

You may want to look into a Gem single blade razor. Very aggressive and very smooth blades last for a long time

Top Bottom