What's new

Grooming Dept club

As far as Declaration Grooming goes, I particularly like the Chatillon Lux collaborations in the bison tallow base. Haven't tried any of the new Icarus base. If either of the ones in stock appeal to you, I'd go for it.

It’s always a toss up whether any given flavor will be in stock, but here’s my experience:

I prefer the bison base. Icarus is still elite, but I get slightly better results from the bison base.

Cuir d epice bison - awesome. Kind of smells like a much stronger version of c&e sandalwood.

Bon Vivant bison - equally awesome, but out of stock everywhere. Smells like herbal liqueur (green chartreuse)

Dirtyver Icarus - the scent is transcendent if you like masculine/vetiver/cold weather scents

Contemplation Icarus- awesome performance, but hardly any scent. I think I got an old puck, because it is noticeably smaller than the container, diameter wise. I think it shrank, and lost a lot of scent.

I mainly go for the overtly manly scents , just so you know that beforehand , but here are some of my experiences ....

Darkfall maybe one of my favorite ones of his and I love it in the bison base and I would probably love it in the new Icarus bace as well. It is a almost burned wood but not too much of the burned eand lots of woody notes, and dank forest undergrowth andit's hard to describe but I just really love it, I think it has a vetiver... strong vetiver base component to it.

I tried the new Shore soap in the Icarus base and I did not care for it. It just smelled to me like a little girl's candy Chapstick lipgloss fruity kind of flavor and nothing like any kind of beach that I know of. Maybe it's the Flavor of some brand of suntan lotion that everybody's connecting with the beach, I don't know.

I tried Contemplation in the Icarus base, and it was interesting but not super special. But if you're looking for a fresh clean green type of sent that is not blooming flowers like the spring but it's not hot and roasting like the summer then this one might be your thing

Dirtyver is a really nice vetiver scent, with some earthy undertones. Really like that one.

I also like Trismegistus and cuir et epices.

If I had to choose between the bases that he offers, I would probably go with the bison. The new Icarus is very nice but I just somehow like the bison a little bit better. But, tons of people are fawning all over the Icarus.

Also, at www.Maggardrazors.com, you can get samples of several DG scents.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I do not care for the Icarus Contemplation scent. The scent is pretty weak, so the underlying gamey funk is present. I have to air out the tub for an hour before shaving, On the other hand, the new Sellout scent is wonderful. It is modeled after Creed Aventus. If you like that type of cologne scent, you will like Sellout.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
There is an unscented version, but it sold out before I could buy some (and I was about 1 minute after the sale opened). The scented versions are very low-scent. Mohammad said that he adds the scent purely to mask the scent of the preshave which some people find objectionable. I bought the Cedarwood and Lime and the Lavender and have only used the first. It does not interfere with soap scents at all and is barely noticeable when you put it on.
Thanks, Bob. I'll get to try it someday then!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
It might be difficult to find, but Southern Paradise (with menthol) is incredible. Smells like peach tea on a summer day. And the matching aftershave is stellar, too.

I don't think you can go too wrong on the CL collaboration soaps. I have the majority of them, I think I am only missing Blackberry Blossom Bay.

I like Champs de Lavande and Catalans Prairie the best. You can still find these on BST boards from time to time.

Of the currently available ones, my favorites are Yuzu Rose Patchouli, Unconditional Surrender, Gratiot League Square and Colonia Balsamica. Of the retired ones, Rose Santal and Santal Auster are also very nice.

I am far from the expert on the non CL scents, having only tried Darkfall so far but having samples of Dirtyver and Harmony to use yet.

What I’ve gathered reading this thread:

1) The guys who have used it, like it and find it beneficial.
2) The guys who haven’t used it, don’t like it and find it useless.

It seems we are yet to find the guy that has actually used the product and finds it useless.

I respect everyone’s opinions here at B&B but when it comes to opinions on specific products, I tend to respect the opinions of those who have actually used those products a little more than those who haven’t.

Furthermore, having perfect technique and using products that you enjoy are not mutually exclusive.

It seems we are yet to find the guy that has actually used the product and finds it useless.

I respect everyone’s opinions here at B&B but when it comes to opinions on specific products, I tend to respect the opinions of those who have actually used those products a little more than those who haven’t.

Furthermore, having perfect technique and using products that you enjoy are not mutually exclusive.

Well stated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of great suggestions here. If you’re looking for a cologne scent, “Sellout” is wonderful. It’s in the Icarus Base.

As far as Declaration Grooming goes, I particularly like the Chatillon Lux collaborations in the bison tallow base. Haven't tried any of the new Icarus base. If either of the ones in stock appeal to you, I'd go for it.

Chatillon Lux Gets my vote also

This!

Well stated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree—well stated. I tend to “cheat” on my morning shaves, as I’m always anxious to get to the office (why is a different issue). The additional step of a pre-shave is counter to my being. Nonetheless, I’m finding that I’m willing to spend the time to rub some of the Grooming pre-shave into my face while I let the scuttle steep and the brush soak. Knowing myself (or at least as well as anyone knows me...), I wouldn’t tolerate this delay unless I thought it was helping. I believe it does.

I also think using Myrsol Emulsion as a pre-shave is enjoyable, but mostly because I enjoy the scent and it can be applied in seconds, instead of scores of seconds. And the Myrsol doesn’t seem to improve the shave a great deal. Unlike the Grooming, which is like supercharging the lather I make with a soap or cream. Correction: any soap or cream.

+4

I really like Trismegistus. The complex orange scent is terrific and so is the performance of the bison base. I see, however, that it is currently sold out.

Top Bottom