What's new

So I tried some classic soap

On my first shave with a DE...not horrible, but not special either...about like shaving with bay rum scented Ivory. I ordered it before i read the reviews that said it was mediocre. So...I have a tub of Taylor Sandalwood on the way.

Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced healing has been my post shave treatment of choice for quite awhile, as I have extremely dry skin. (I usually look like a snake after getting out of the shower if I don't moisturize heavily)

Any suggestions on a decent post shave treatment that will moisturize but not be oily?

First of all, Welcome to B&B!

Personally, I am a big fan of the Proraso A/S Balm. I think it provides a nice balance of moisture and lightness for the money. Back in my Mach 3 days, I acutally had pretty decent luck with the L'Oreal Men's Expert Comfot Max Aftershave Balm as well.

I third the recommendation for Proraso ASB. IMHO nothing else comes close. If your skin is really that dry you may want to put on a protective barrier layer on afterwards such as Trumpers Skin Food or Corn Huskers lotion. Then you just exfoliated skin will "heal" and stay moisterized.

Prophet
I also have dry skin-

While the Proraso is good I have found a couple of other options that you might want to look at- First your soap-Shea Butter soaps do not dry out my skin as much as any others creams or soap-one to try is Honey Bee Spa
A spritz of Thayer's witch hazel or other Hydrosol will calm your face and prepare it for an after shave.
Try Purpose moisturizing or try- Kiehl's nourishing face cream its my favorite for moisturizing, Nivea is an option also.

Followed by Corn Huskers lotion. Just a drop will do it.

The Purpose,Nivea and Corn Huskers are drug/target/walmart available items,
PM me I will send you a sample of the soap to try if you like.

Goosemeplease said:
A spritz of Thayer's witch hazel or other Hydrosol will calm your face and prepare it for an after shave.

I agree with Jim. I have been using a home-made mixture of witch hazel, aloe gel, and glycerin (20:10:1) as a "wipe" before an ASB and it has been very soothing.

Cheers,

Top Bottom