What's new

Shopping in Cleveland, Ohio area?

There is the L'Occitaine store in Beachwood Place. But other than that things are pretty sparse. Any north coasters out there who might have a line on a place that sells stuff you can't find at, say, Target or Bath and Body Works?

I'm not in Cleveland anymore but there is the Wild Oats out on the east side and toward whatchamacallit there is the Mustard Seed, as far as natural grocery stores that may stock shaving stuff.

Ah, I guess Whole Foods took over Wild Oats. It's the one on Chagrin Blvd. Also whatchamacallit is Solon. Looks like Mustard Seed is still in business.

Last edited:
There is an AOS store on the first floor of Beechwood and I believe that both Saks and Nordstrom carry product (like T&H). Anyway, more options...

The only other store I could think of would be Crabtree & Evelyn. Selection can be pretty limited at times though.

There is an AOS store on the first floor of Beechwood and I believe that both Saks and Nordstrom carry product (like T&H). Anyway, more options...

Nice to see another Erieite, I take it your a PS Behrend Professor?

If you've found Beachwood Place, then that's about the Apex.

The Bed, Bath & Beyond on Harvard off I-271 has a good selection of aftershaves.

Any Discount Drug Mart carries Pinaud Clubman, Bay Rum and Lilac Vegetal along with a very decent selection of reguar "drug store" wetshaving supplies.

J.T. Bailey & Company (Barber supply store) at 21010 Miles Parkway (near I-480 & 271) said they carried Masters aftershaves, but I haven't had the chance to go there. They have very limited hours. They have a website.

I'd also be happy to know about any other obscure places in the Cleveland area. Every tobacco shop I've called asking about shaving stuff seemed utterly confused by the question.

I don't know how far from Cleveland the closes Ritzman is but in the Akron area we have a few stores and they care a lot of kiss my face stuff

I don't know how far from Cleveland the closes Ritzman is but in the Akron area we have a few stores and they care a lot of kiss my face stuff

Yea, I've been to Mustard Seed in Fairlawn a few times. Nice store, but pricey. I'm sure my wife has been to a Ritzman, I've driven by them but not had a chance to stop. Do they carry anything interesting?

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing. Mustard seed in Fairlawn, is ok, some things there are a decent price, you just have to price shop (for groceries that is) The Acme next to that Mustard seed has KMF stuff as does that Mustard seed.

On Chagrin (?) there is also a Trader Joes.

I figured once the weather gets better I'll start scouring for ethnic stores.

I've been wondering the same thing. Mustard seed in Fairlawn, is ok, some things there are a decent price, you just have to price shop (for groceries that is) The Acme next to that Mustard seed has KMF stuff as does that Mustard seed.

On Chagrin (?) there is also a Trader Joes.

I figured once the weather gets better I'll start scouring for ethnic stores.

Been working on a tube o' Lime for about a year now. Still haven't killed it! Want to try the Lavender next.

Trader Joe's is a GREAT store. They don't really have much for shaving though. They have great bath soaps though. And frozen pizzas. And cheese. And wine...

Ritzmans a lot a natural stuff from soaps to shampoos and different types of food but the only good shaving stuff is kiss my face the do have a lot of choice in that line

Straight Razor Designs (http://straightrazordesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index)

They are based in Medina, OH. They are web based but you can stop by and pick up your order and save on the shipping. Also, in response to an email, I was told that if you give them a heads up that your interested in items they stock, they could have it ready for you to check out. This isn't a store so I wouldn't go over there just to look at stuff, but if your serious about getting a certain brush or straight.

Thought I'd pop in and let anyone on the west side know that there's a L'Occitaine store in Crocker Park (Westlake). I live 15 seconds away from Crocker and didn't realize it was there until I was informed by my younger sister yesterday while we were in the L'Occitaine in Beachwood. I'll stop in sometime this week and see what their selection looks like and post back up.

Seeking to revive this thread as I'm headed to NE OH...I still cannot believe there's nothing in an area with cities the size of Cleve & Akron. Anything new?

Seeking to revive this thread as I'm headed to NE OH...I still cannot believe there's nothing in an area with cities the size of Cleve & Akron. Anything new?

Beachwood Place is still the best option in the area. There isn't anything new to add to this thread as far as I know.

L'Occitane at Crocker Park, Art of Shaving in Beachwood Place, and Crabtree and Evelyn in Beachwood Place have already been mentioned so I'll add a few of the other places that I know of:
  • Bath and Body Works (Avon Commons, Great Northern Mall in North Olmstead, and downtown Tower City locations): the usual Bigelow products
  • Discount Drug Mart (Detroit Road just west of Dover Center Road, Columbia and Lorain Road locations): Pinaud/Clubman products, Williams soap, Sheffield brushless cream, Personna DE and injector blades, and GEM SE blades.
  • CVS (Detroit Road in Rocky River): Williams, some VdH, some Pinaud and Clubman products
  • Walgreens (corner of Wagar and Center Ridge Road): VdH, Clubman, DE, SE, and injector blades
    Heinen's Grocery (Rocky River location): Williams soap, KMF cream
  • Whole Foods (Chagrin Blvd and Warrensville Road locations): just about every kind of KMF cream you could want, Alba Botanicals, a couple of other creams
  • Rite Aid (intersection of Center Ridge and Clague): I believe I've seen Williams and VdH there, possibly some other creams; I didn't have much time to investigate there

Top Bottom