What's new

B&B Aftershaving Milk....

Fellas,
Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up... there is a "B&B Aftershaving Milk" in development to replace the previous version of DR Harris A/S milk... but made even better!

If you have used DR Harris a/s milk, please list the positive/negative attributes of the previous (lighter/milkier verision) as well as additional desired attributes.

So far I am thinking the B&B a/s milk should have the same consistency as the previous iteration of DR Harris a/s milk, yet both tone the skin, and moisturize more/better, yet sink right into the skin, not be "heavy" in the slightest and cool razor irritation.

Joel, what are you thinking of scent-wise? Similar to the B&B cologne? Similar to the DR Harris milk (I'm not familiar with this - but I assume that somebody can describe the scent to me)?

The scent of the B&B, or of the Harris, Austin?

Personally, I'm not mure for the florals, and would prefer something else, but it that's what the old Harris was, and what people want, that's cool. Personally, I'd love it to be sandlewood, but.... Although, actually, I am thinking for everyday use, I would like something that is very mild in scent, and fades very quickly, so that there are not issues with colognes or other scented products. What I would really love is smelling like Taylor Avocado, but with no lingering scent.

Edit: I hope the above post didn't make it sound like I was expecting this stuff to actually be made to my specifications. I know that the idea is just to make a new improved A/S milk, and also that it is a PITA to try to put something like this together and have to deal with everyone having a different idea what it should be. So I am just putting out there my ideas, in case other people like the same sorts of things....

moses said:
The scent of the B&B, or of the Harris, Austin?

Personally, I'm not mure for the florals, and would prefer something else, but it that's what the old Harris was, and what people want, that's cool. Personally, I'd love it to be sandlewood, but.... Although, actually, I am thinking for everyday use, I would like something that is very mild in scent, and fades very quickly, so that there are not issues with colognes or other scented products. What I would really love is smelling like Taylor Avocado, but with no lingering scent.

Harris Milk.

Personally, I would prefer a neutral scent. I find the B&B scent heavy. Don't get me wrong. I really like B&B.

Austin said:
Personally, I would prefer a neutral scent. I find the B&B scent heavy. Don't get me wrong. I really like B&B.
I would agree...a light rose...lavender...even refreshing cucumber or something would be great.

Austin said:

Agreed. Or at least one that doesn't stick around too long.

Will it never cease? First the NWC razors, now a new milk a/s! Joel you always come up with the beset ideas.I've never used the Harris A/S milk(either old or new formulas)for two reasons. First, it was pretty hard to get ahold of and two, it's always been pricey. Without sampling, I won't buy a $35 bottle of a/s product.

Those of you who've seen my postings on these forums know that I consider an excellent+ rated aftershave product to be the holy grail of all wetshaving products. Outstanding lathers abound, classy cologne scents by the droves, badger brushes that are nothing short of luxurious. A/S products that are usually nothing but overpriced CRAP. Far and away the best I've ever used was the OLD formulation of Vitaman A/S gel. Instant cooling of razor burn without a menthol note, absorbed into the skin like nothing I've ever seen and just left you feeling like you had a brand new layer of skin on your face. Superb. Then they went and changed it. Joel discovered this miscreant creation after I'd been bragging up Vitaman all over the forums. Sure enough, they'd changed the formula and the new stuff is not even in the shadow of the older stuff.

The point of this little opus? What ever you do with this stuff, DON'T skimp on the ingredients. The Vitaman was an aloe based gel but was just thicker than water. There wasn't a trace of the oily/greasy factor that you sometimes get with the white lotions. It was chock full stuff like chamomile and blue cypress extracts. It had a clean, neutral aroma that never conflicted with any scent you might choose. I wouldn't mind if it's a white lotion product as long as the consistency is truly that of milk and not heavy cream. Sorry to sound so peckish about this but I am truly intrigued by a custom A/S product and am most happy to hear this is a possibility. I know it's early in the process but I wholeheartedly suggest that whoever makes this up for you be persuaded to provide trial sizes of the product. Notice fellas that I said trial sizes and not samples. My own personal feeling is that I would rather pay a crafter for several ml of product than ask them to provide something at an expense born only by them. You are also more likely to get enough to realy give it a good trial. Okay, sorry for the long winded post but this is one item I truly want to see done properly.

Regards, Todd

Austin said:

Same here... I like the B&B scent, but I find it to be a very strong and lingering scent - not a quality I would want in a balm. I too would prefer something more neutral.

Agreed. That's why I was thinking something light and fresh like Taylor Avocado would be nice (minus the cirtronella or whatever that some people object to). Of course, since we have no idea what the scent of Taylor Avocado is, it's not like we could duplicate it, but just something fresh and very "green" like that.

Oh - this stuff would be much, much, MUCH less expensive.

Great to hear! The Harris gets some great reviews here, but its out of my price range.

I'd also like to see something light with the balm.

And just to add absolutely nothing more, while still taking up space, I'll also agree that it should be something neutral. After all we have our cologne addictions to worry about.:wink:

Like the original Harris in that it's moisturizing, light, non-greasy and quickly absorbed. A light to neutral, clean smelling scent(s). Once the 'formula' is perfected...could there quite possibly be more than one scent, e.g. 'Original', 'Rose', 'Lavender'? Kind of like some of the Thayer Witch Hazel scents...very light and quickly fading.

Ok, so I didn't go in depth enough :biggrin: oops!

So scents.... aren't gonna be any. Not that they won't have a smell... and a distinct one at that but they will not have anything added to them, without the sole/specific purpose of benefitting your skin... period. All 100% natural, all 100% good stuff.

There will be several versions of the milk, which will be designed based on both skin type and season... yes... you heard me... finally an aftershave that actually makes sense. If you have oily skin... what the heck do you want an aftershave to add moisture/oil to your skin for? If you have dry skin - why further dry your skin? Well.... hopefully we can solve that. For oily skin/summer their will be a lime oil version (the scent should fade & not interfere with your cologne) and for winter/dry skin there will be another version... to be determined.

Top Bottom