What's new

Fragrance Friday: Tom Ford Tobacco Oud

Thank you for your reviews. I imagine there is considerable crossover between those of us who like to wet shave and who also enjoy wearing a good cologne. Both colognes and wet shaving products seem to be items that can easily hook you into wanting to try everything there is to offer. I know both my cologne and shave den are much larger then I ever anticipated them being. I appreciate your detailed reviews and your scoring system. You certainly have a great nose, and the scents you are picking to review are great. I love that you are delving into fine niche fragrances. Your honesty is also refreshing. I tend to prefer niche colognes and having a good review to read certainly helps me make up my mind on whether or not something I have been considering purchasing is worth the time. Even purchasing a sample of a niche cologne can be costly, so it is nice to have solid reliable reviews to inform you. Though we can't smell a fragrance from a review those of us who are into them, can get a good idea of what they would be like on our skin as you describe the notes and the experience of wearing them. I am surprised to see that the fragrance reviews are not corresponding to the seasons. I would not wear a Tobacco Oud in August heat. Have you thought about corresponding the reviews to the seasons? Also, if you are looking for a fragrance to review, might I suggest Ciel Man by Amouage. I purchased this fragrance at Q Brothers, after the lady working the counter introduced it to me. For a house that gets as much attention as Amouage, Ciel Man is very under the radar. Personally, I have found it to be very well received and a true gem! Also, I recently purchased Rose 31 by Le Labo. It is a polarizing scent I would love to get your take on it. I love the dirty rose and think it works well as a masculine scent, but it hasn't been well liked by those I work around. Always, a little maddening when you love a scent and want to wear it often, but others around you do not like it. Of course we wear the frag for ourselves, but it is nice to know it smells pleasing to others.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Keep these reviews coming! I'm curious to see a GIT review coming since SMW and Aventus have been reviewed. It's easily one of the most iconic fragrances out there so I feel it deserves its own review soon.

I am surprised to see that the fragrance reviews are not corresponding to the seasons. I would not wear a Tobacco Oud in August heat. Have you thought about corresponding the reviews to the seasons? Also, if you are looking for a fragrance to review, might I suggest Ciel Man by Amouage.

I did give it some thought, however I have a backlog of fragrances to review, and frankly - I prefer to review scents I have ample time with. A lot of the heavier/winter fragrances i've been wearing for many months, where as the summer fragrances have only been in full swing for a few months. I feel a more through evaluation is more valuable than one that is forced in a particular season. I'll add Ciel to the list, but it may take some time to get to - i've got quite a backlog :w00t:

Keep these reviews coming! I'm curious to see a GIT review coming since SMW and Aventus have been reviewed. It's easily one of the most iconic fragrances out there so I feel it deserves its own review soon.

GIT is definitely in the backlog - as well as two other Creed's: Virgin Island Water and Royal Mayfair.

First let me say what a joy it is to peruse B&B. I stumbled upon you band of merry men by accident while researching straight razors (a new found love). I quickly fell in love with not only the great tools and products here but the great enthusiasm the membership conveys for them through attention to fine detail. Usually when I want to enjoy a great read I have to do some real heavy lifting but -DAMN; there is only so much Aleppo, global warming, and Norman Mailer I can stomach. Which brings me to you Joel. Reading your product reviews are a freakin delight! I am not quite at a level to afford a single fragrance I read a review for yet so I haven't actually smelled any of the fragrances. Nevertheless I somehow feel like I know exactly what I am in store for when I finally am able to pull the trigger on a fragrance Friday pick.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
First let me say what a joy it is to peruse B&B. I stumbled upon you band of merry men by accident while researching straight razors (a new found love). I quickly fell in love with not only the great tools and products here but the great enthusiasm the membership conveys for them through attention to fine detail. Usually when I want to enjoy a great read I have to do some real heavy lifting but -DAMN; there is only so much Aleppo, global warming, and Norman Mailer I can stomach. Which brings me to you Joel. Reading your product reviews are a freakin delight! I am not quite at a level to afford a single fragrance I read a review for yet so I haven't actually smelled any of the fragrances. Nevertheless I somehow feel like I know exactly what I am in store for when I finally am able to pull the trigger on a fragrance Friday pick.

Some fragrances may be hard to find in stores. You can always order samples! I have samples littered all throughout my bathroom drawers.

Top Bottom