What's new

Proraso Now Available in Newfoundland

Well, I don't know how many B&Bers are in Newfoundland, but if you are and you live in or get into St. John's now and then you can now find Proraso products at Shoppers Drug Mart on the corner of Topsail Road and Columbus Drive :thumbup:. It may make it into other Shoppers in St. John's/Mount Pearl or elsewhere on the island soon, but at least there's one source for now. Here's what's stocked so far: shaving cream (green tube), shaving soap, pre-shave cream, and even two types of their canned goo. Interestingly enough, beside the Proraso products I saw two types of Omega natural bristle shaving brushes. I plan to contact the manager soon to see if the AS splash and/or balm can be brought in as well, but I'm quite pleased to see they finally have a nice bit of the product line in.

I've utilized this forum very little, so I didn't even think of posting here. Thanks, Jim, for the move and for using my Proraso post to start a Newfoundland section!

Kiss My Face products are available in the naturals/organics sections of both Dominion and Sobeys supermarkets. Only some Sobeys carry the 11oz. pump bottles of the unscented shave cream. Dominion and most Sobeys only carry the small tubes.

Some Crabtree & Evelyn products are available at Parkdale Pharmasave at the corner of Elizabeth Avenue and Portugal Cove Road, St. John's.

Clubman Pinaud aftershaves can be ordered at The Men's Den, Coakers Meadow Plaze (Torbay Road), St. John's.

Devin,

Nice to see Newfoundland reporting in as a "have" province. (Only Canucks will understand that, I'm thinking,)

Devin,
Nice to see Newfoundland reporting in as a "have" province. (Only Canucks will understand that, I'm thinking,)

:lol:

Its arrival must be another sign of optimistic outlook due to the offshore oil upswing. Proraso, industry growth, and we may even have a better chance of our roads being repaired! :biggrin:

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart tonight. The one located at Old Placentia and Ruby line. The Mount pearl power center I call it. (Canadian tire, wal-mart, etc..)

At that location they had the below and the Canadian prices are included.

The Proraso Shaving Cream = $7.99
The Pre Shaving cream = $9.99
Proraso shaving soap = $7.99
Omega boar brush = $13.99
Omega birch wood boar brush = $14.99

Those prices beat most if not all the prices I have see online, so its great to be able to pick it up locally for a good price.

I also noticed products by a company called "The Real Shaving Co" They had a nice few of there products and I will be looking more into them and possibly purchasing them in the future when new supplies are needed.

There is also a store on Water street called "Home on Water" I believe the address is 156 water street , down by the TD bank and near prescott street. I haven't been in there as of yet, but I did see them on the news in the past talking about shaving supplies and proper brushes. It appear as if they have a fair collection of stuff. I believe it was a show like Sharon Snow Places to go on NTV. If anybody goes their before myself, please update this thread as to what is available..

Cheers

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I was at Shoppers Drug Mart tonight. The one located at Old Placentia and Ruby line. The Mount pearl power center I call it. (Canadian tire, wal-mart, etc..)

At that location they had the below and the Canadian prices are included.

The Proraso Shaving Cream = $7.99
The Pre Shaving cream = $9.99
Proraso shaving soap = $7.99
Omega boar brush = $13.99
Omega birch wood boar brush = $14.99

Those prices beat most if not all the prices I have see online, so its great to be able to pick it up locally for a good price.

I also noticed products by a company called "The Real Shaving Co" They had a nice few of there products and I will be looking more into them and possibly purchasing them in the future when new supplies are needed.

There is also a store on Water street called "Home on Water" I believe the address is 156 water street , down by the TD bank and near prescott street. I haven't been in there as of yet, but I did see them on the news in the past talking about shaving supplies and proper brushes. It appear as if they have a fair collection of stuff. I believe it was a show like Sharon Snow Places to go on NTV. If anybody goes their before myself, please update this thread as to what is available..

Cheers

Confederation finally pays off? Three cheers for Smallwood.

I was down on Home of water street today. They have a very small section with shaving stuff. All things they carry I have not seen any where else in the city since I have been looking.

They carry three sizes of Crabtree and Evelyn badger brushes. One being a pure badger that is small and fits in a travel tub with a hole in the bottom for drainage. I think that was $68.00

The next brush was a medium super I think and that was $68.00 as well. But the best value was probably the biggest brush. It was a large and I think it was silvertip.. It felt really nice, specially in compared to my semogue. It was $138. I seen a similar Edwin and jagger brush online which is how makes the crabtree brush and it was $154. But the other medium brush is cheaper online by about $10 I think.

They also carry a basic (pure?) German badger brush which is $38. I never heard the name before, but it was German and the badger knot is probably around 20mm by estimate.

They had a few more brushes there as well, I cannot recall the prices but they were up there and I don't believe they had a name. One was chrome and when I picked it up it was HEAVY! to heavy for me.

There were some sets with mach 3 razors.. YES mach 3 :w00t: they do not carry any DE or straight razors. the sets were all chrome and I did not ask the price and could not see the price. I didn't care as it was a set and they told me they do not sell just the stands.

There were several types of soaps there one of which I never heard of and was $28 I think. The other soaps were made by Crabtree and Evelyn and price around the same as the other soap. They had some after shave and cologne by them as well.

That is mostly what they carry from what I could.. I am sure I left out some after shave stuff and maybe a few soaps, but that is the general stuff they have. Nothing in the creams or soaps that i was wanting to try based on what I have read thus far.

I also visited a few antique places on water street and duckworth.. Not one with open shaving mugs. One place with a old safety razor that should be given away. I did find several soap mugs that have the option for the brush to be dipped into the water and the soap holder with holes for drainage. However I am not in need of that and the price was crazy for used.. something like $65.00 You can buy a scuttle and probably have it delivered for that price or near it.

There were also some shaving mugs that had a divider in the middle. Apparently they were quite common. I guess you slipped the soap down bottle some how, I cannot see how the road soap would get in there tho. To mean it seems as if it would be good for just warming the brush.. Hot water down bottom and then pick it up and lay it on the other side to let it drain. All in about a coffee mug size cup. Oh and one place didn't have the lather or soap cup, but he was quite happy to show me he mustache cup.. lol.. a cup that lets you drink out of it without getting your mustache wet.. haha.. Anyhow, that is what I found today. More to come :)

Top Bottom