What's new

Some Superlather Formulas - Comments Please

I got a handful of soaps for Christmas (MWF, Penhaligon's Blenheim Boquet, Trumper's Coconut Oil, and Floris) that I'd like to try out in some superlather combos.

I'm not sure what cream to use though. I'm thinking of TOBS Avocado because it's pretty mild in terms of creams and it has a decent reputation.

I'm not real sure how exactly to create the said superlather though. I figure I'll go through the whole creating lather with a soap process and then add some cream to create a thicker lather.

What do ya'll think? This is my first time playing around with this idea.

I think you would be wasting some world class soaps making a superlather with them. The ones you listed should stand on their own quite well. However, should you be insistent on doing it I would go with an unscented cream such as KMF or AoS.

I got a handful of soaps for Christmas (MWF, Penhaligon's Blenheim Boquet, Trumper's Coconut Oil, and Floris) that I'd like to try out in some superlather combos.
I'm not real sure how exactly to create the said superlather though. I figure I'll go through the whole creating lather with a soap process and then add some cream to create a thicker lather.

That's the way I make it, I load up the brush just like I'm using just soap, make lots of initial lather on my face with just the soap, then after the soap's going good, I'll add some cream into the middle of the brush, then head back to the face to work that in too.

All that said, those are some tasty soaps you got there. I wouldn't combine 'em with anything for a while, just enjoy them as they are. Which Floris soap did you get? I got really good reviews from the wife and the ladies at work from the Floris JF sample I have. May have to splurge on a puck of that one.

I'm not sure what cream to use though. I'm thinking of TOBS Avocado because it's pretty mild in terms of creams and it has a decent reputation.

What do ya'll think? This is my first time playing around with this idea.

I don't do superlather very often, but when I do, I usually go with an unscented such as KMF. But, if you play with the scents, you can come up with some nice combos... one I particularly like when I'm in the mood for it is a sandalwood soap w/ a rose cream. Also, lime soap w/ Trumpers coconut is very nice.

I just tried a new superlather combo today with excellent results. Mama Bears Rosemary and Mint soap with eShaves White Tea cream. Great shave and nice scent.

I agree with murch that personally, I wouldn't use those soaps for superlathers. But, to each their own :001_smile

What Floris did you get? The MWF would probably pair well with just about anything, as it has (IMO) a neutral scent.

Trumper's Coconut Oil would go extremely well with any Lime cream. And I think the Penhaligon's would go well with a nice sandalwood cream.

let the cream scent lead. Floris creams and Williams are spectacular together. The Williams scent definately takes a back seat to the Floris. Hell, Williams works great with the Clubman Luxury Shave Cream I use. Since I don't have any unscented SC's, Williams is my go-to superlather soap, VDH and Conk Amber are good too, but don't seem to work quite as well. Maybe its the glycerine..

-Mason

Today I used MB Rosemary Mint and AOS Lavender.
Wow...........Nancy Boy can't touch this combo.
Can't believe this was the first time I tried these two together since I like the NB signature scent so much but hate the NB cream.

Top Bottom