What's new

Acquisitions Monday May 29 - Sunday June 4

Twenty years ago when I first started shaving with a brush and a Murkur razor I used to primarily use Palmolive Shaving Cream. I was bought an Old Spice Shaving Mug the following Christmas. Unfortunately I lost the mug in a house move. I thought I packed it, my wife thought I packed It but neither of us could find it. This obviously demonstrates how careless I have lost the wife now too!

I kept an eye on ebay and waited for this little beauty...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's older than the one I had as the box had a clear plastic top so you could see the mug inside, it also seemed very expensive at the time at about £11.

I wanted a mug with the lid and most importantly it had to have soap, the more the better, this one's never been used so I'm now torn between using it and keeping it. I think I'll use it, the smell alone takes me back years!

Ahhh, just got back from a trip to DC and awiting me patiently on the stoop was a Priority Mail Box from the B&B Decant Club, with a 25 mL Cobalt Blue Bottle of Floris Eau de Santal Extreme.

Thanks Rik! Great packaging :thumbup1:

Jonnybc said:
Twenty years ago when I first started shaving with a brush and a Murkur razor I used to primarily use Palmolive Shaving Cream. I was bought an Old Spice Shaving Mug the following Christmas. Unfortunately I lost the mug in a house move. I thought I packed it, my wife thought I packed It but neither of us could find it. This obviously demonstrates how careless I have lost the wife now too!

I kept an eye on ebay and waited for this little beauty...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's older than the one I had as the box had a clear plastic top so you could see the mug inside, it also seemed very expensive at the time at about £11.

I wanted a mug with the lid and most importantly it had to have soap, the more the better, this one's never been used so I'm now torn between using it and keeping it. I think I'll use it, the smell alone takes me back years!

Awesome I love the Old Spice a/s I bet the soap is nice aswell. fair is fair it has a bit of an odd smell ! but it kills razor burn like there is no tommorow !

gee, I used to love that Old Spice soap also, but there's one brand that I think I'd even give up my Arko for---Noxzema in the red and white tube. What a cream that was! Man, did that stuff lather, wow!!

Jeff

Hi gents,

here are now the pictures of my acquisitions last week, hope you can see everything:

Wish everybody here a very nice sunday, with many regards from Germany.

Thomas

TomH said:
Hi gents,

here are now the pictures of my acquisitions last week, hope you can see everything:

Wish everybody here a very nice sunday, with many regards from Germany.

Thomas
Are the blades vintage or new?

Hi Kyle,

in the German forum www.nassrasur.com they say that the blades are vintage and approximately 50-60 years old, but in good condition, so also good for using and shaving.
I've bought them from www.muehle-pinsel.de, they sold a bunch of it...

I'll try them next week and post my experience with it, if this is required!!!

Regards

Thomas

Had Breakfast with the Ron at the COWSBC meeting. On the way back picked up a variety of items from Crabtree & Evelyn, Body Shop, and Akin's Whole Foods Store.

full

• The C&E Sweet Almond Oil is great stuff; I'd been using a sample tub for a while. At $12 it's a steal
  • Decided to try this little tube of Bigelow Shave Cream from Body Shop on a lark
  • The Lemongrass & Mandarin soap has a scent that I just cannot get enough of. I'm decanting some of this into a travel tube
  • Jojoba Oil to see how it does in the desert

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom