What's new

Huntsville, AL

Very limited choices:

Kroger - Kiss My Face shaving cream

Garden Cove - Kiss My Face shaving cream, Jason, Burt's Bees, some other health food store varieties I can't remember.

Crabtree & Evelyn at Bridge Street Town Center: Opening Dec. '07

Garden Cove also has Tom's of Main products.
Walgreens, CVS, and Wal Mart usually have Nivea ASB, Van Der Hagen Soaps and Boar Brushes, and William's Mug soap.

Small world, got another huntsvillian right here :biggrin:

If you have access to the PX on the arsenal then you can get SE and DE blades . (I'm still going thru my sampler pack from WCS, haven't gotten to the blades from the PX yet)

Bath and Body Works in the mall had (in April of 08) COBigelow cream and Bigelow witch hazel skin toner.

The Crabtree & Evilyn was sparse but had their soaps and creams. Seemed to be out of their famed BBB when I went in march, I picked up their travel brush.

Pickings otherwise seem a bit slim. I haven't seen much at the goodwill I tried or at the one or two antique stores. I need to try a few more as time presents itself.

Only thing I've seen at walmart was VDH Deluxe Soap and VDH Brush along with the expected aftershaves that are everywhere.

Native Huntsvillian here, currently in Atlanta.

My folks still live in HSV, and of interest to shavers, run a small soap manufacturing company: Green Mountain Soap.

In addition to the liquid and bar soap we make (available around town, by the way), we're working on a shave cream and a hard shave soap. My early tests with the shaving cream are really good, but I'm fairly new to wet shaving and not really a gourmet in such matters. Eventually we'll need a test market, and we'll look to the B&B forums for volunteer faces!

Native Huntsvillian here, currently in Atlanta.

My folks still live in HSV, and of interest to shavers, run a small soap manufacturing company: Green Mountain Soap.

In addition to the liquid and bar soap we make (available around town, by the way), we're working on a shave cream and a hard shave soap. My early tests with the shaving cream are really good, but I'm fairly new to wet shaving and not really a gourmet in such matters. Eventually we'll need a test market, and we'll look to the B&B forums for volunteer faces!

I'd be happy to test some products should you need a local tester.

Rite-aid drugstores have Real Shaving Co. products. I haven't tried them, but given they are a house brand of Creighton's they are probably pretty good for a drug store brand.

I went browsing in the mall yesterday and saw that the perfume shop in Madison Square Mall (Perfume Galore?) had Royall Lyme and Royall Muske aftershaves as well as Tabac EdT and 4711 cologne.

Arrived yesterday for a couple of days of business.
Stopped by Visions on University? No shaving products, but they did have a few shaved products! :biggrin::biggrin:

I'd be happy to test market some of the products, as long as youre willing to let an Atlanta resident in the test group.

Hah, sure! Like I said, we're currently testing on my face only, but I'm happy with the results so far, we're just not in the same league as the big hitters with either our puck or our cream soaps. I'm heading to GMSC HQ (i.e. Mom and Dad's house) this weekend to talk with them about what we need to do, and to pick up the next batch of testing stuff.

At the moment, I'm not sure how we'll even distribute the stuff; probably I'll post a "first 25 posts with your mailing address will get a sample of each", but only when I'm more comfortable that our product is better than my current stable of favorite soaps/creams.

Of note, we're shooting for 'unscented' as one of our selling points, though I'm so enamored of the batch with peppermint oil in it that I might put the hard sell on Dad for that one--plus I can argue that menthol contributes to a good shave, and feels nice. But we're not going to start selling a broad variety of scents; we're not interested in going up against the St. Charles Shave perfuming-and-creatively-naming juggernaut at this time... :wink:

Plus, it's mostly because I got into DE shaving and we thought it would be a neat experiment that Mom and Dad agreed to make the stuff. The business currently is more about making lots of high-quality, super-mild bar and liquid soap rather than shaving soap. In a way, they are humoring me. On the other hand, they're so enthralled with my newborn daughter that they might agree to start making a baby shampoo, too, if I asked nicely... :biggrin:

Jesse

Bumping this up in hopes that somebody can tell me where to find DE blades (outside of the Arsenal). I recently moved to AL and am down to my last blade. Been using red Personna blades, but am willing to experiment with something a bit sharper, if available. Really want to buy local, if possible. Any suggestions?

Bumping this up in hopes that somebody can tell me where to find DE blades (outside of the Arsenal). I recently moved to AL and am down to my last blade. Been using red Personna blades, but am willing to experiment with something a bit sharper, if available. Really want to buy local, if possible. Any suggestions?

Yeah: Buy your produce locally, and your razor blades on-line.

Drugstores, Wal-Mart, some groceries, etc. About all you are going to find is Russian Gillettes (used to be pretty mediocre) and Israeli made store brands (similar to what you are using.) Mail order is your only option for anything different.

I'm in H'ville nearly every weekend for pleasure (go to school in Florence). I actually stopped by Krogers off of Drake Ave last weekend but couldn't find any KMF! What section is it in?

I'm in H'ville nearly every weekend for pleasure (go to school in Florence). I actually stopped by Krogers off of Drake Ave last weekend but couldn't find any KMF! What section is it in?

The "natural" section at the Madison location. I don't know about the other Kroger stores in town.

Garden Cove has a better selection, but be aware that they are closed in Saturday's. I think due to Seventh Day Adventist affiliation.

For anyone who's interested, I went by the Crabtree & Evelyn in H'ville yesterday and they were fairly well stocked back up in the men's shaving line.. I picked up a new brush and a puck of the Nomad soap while there..

proxy.php

The lady who worked there assured me that they would be restocked fully, in all lines in the following week to ten days...

I picked up two of the 11oz bottles of KMF (one unscented and the other cool mint). They rang up as $2.99 each!!! I'm sure this was some type of error, but I believe I bought the last two they had. I had a nice shave yesterday morning with KMF, but will reserve final judgment after a few more shaves.

As for Crabtree&Evelyn......is that the $35.00 Best Badger Brush? I bought mine there about two weeks ago, haha. At the time, they were out of the Sienna shave cream which I would like to try.

As for Crabtree&Evelyn......is that the $35.00 Best Badger Brush? I bought mine there about two weeks ago, haha. At the time, they were out of the Sienna shave cream which I would like to try.
No, this is the pure badger brush for that price.

Top Bottom