What's new

That's IT! NO MORE!

After twenty soaps :shocked:, a handful of creams, a dozen aftershaves, and five brushes :frown2:, I'm drawing the line. Right HERE. I'm not placing any more orders (the one just sent off to QED doesn't count--that one's before the line). I have enough razor blades to last a bit under a year, so it should be at least that long before I have to place an order. I'm saying it here so you guys can be my witnesses. If you see some post of mine longing for some stupid soap or brush, please discourage me. Remind me that a grown man should have some self-control! Back me up on this!

I shall now be at peace with my shave den. :yinyang:

I noticed you didn't mention razors...are you leaving yourself an escape hatch if the pressure gets to be too much? :confused1

I noticed you didn't mention razors...are you leaving yourself an escape hatch if the pressure gets to be too much? :confused1

No, no. The RAD never got to me. I bought a slim in addition to my EJ because I needed a backup and I wanted to try an adjustable. But there's no itch for me to try other razors. It's soaps and brushes that are my smack.

I for one am hurt that you would think we would ever encourage anyone (ever, at any time) to buy more stuff! I'd give you more of a dressing down, but am heading over to bullgoose.com right now... Wanna come with? :001_tt2:

Sorry, bad joke. I'll do my best. I promise!:w00t:

No, no. The RAD never got to me. I bought a slim in addition to my EJ because I needed a backup and I wanted to try an adjustable. But there's no itch for me to try other razors. It's soaps and brushes that are my smack.

Oh ok.:closedeye

If you see some post of mine longing for some stupid soap or brush, please discourage me. Remind me that a grown man should have some self-control! Back me up on this!

If you pay me, I will keep track of your progress!!!
:lol:

I'm going to be the bad guy and side with you here. I spend way too much money, and time thinking about shaving. I can't go to the drug store or grocery store and not leave with shaving related stuff, weird. I have enough razor blades to last me over a year and I barely use my DE now days. Spend most my time with the good ol' (well new I guess in B&B terms) Sensor. I too am making an oath to finish my Cella, Trumper's, and Proraso soaps before I buy more, and I need to finish the 14 bottles of drug store aftershave I have! Of course I'm five beers in right now, so tomorrow morning I will find a way to justify why I need another pack of DE blades or a bottle of Clubman or something stupid like that. :001_tongu

You posted this on the internet, now it will exist forever. So history will judge you if you go back on your word, we won't judge though, because we know how ADs are, but good luck with not placing orders.

After twenty soaps :shocked:, a handful of creams, a dozen aftershaves, and five brushes :frown2:, I'm drawing the line. Right HERE. I'm not placing any more orders (the one just sent off to QED doesn't count--that one's before the line). I have enough razor blades to last a bit under a year, so it should be at least that long before I have to place an order. I'm saying it here so you guys can be my witnesses. If you see some post of mine longing for some stupid soap or brush, please discourage me. Remind me that a grown man should have some self-control! Back me up on this!

I shall now be at peace with my shave den. :yinyang:

This little tirade here is just going to be a source of embarrassment in retrospect when you fold and snap up some more soap on sale somewhere. Just sayin'. We all know you. We all read this post, and we'll all be there when you fall. It's shameful, man. Just shameful. Pretending you're "in control," and can "quit any time" is the way to go. It's how I live with myself.

This little tirade here is just going to be a source of embarrassment in retrospect when you fold and snap up some more soap on sale somewhere. Just sayin'. We all know you. We all read this post, and we'll all be there when you fall. It's shameful, man. Just shameful. Pretending you're "in control," and can "quit any time" is the way to go. It's how I live with myself.

You posted this on the internet, now it will exist forever. So history will judge you if you go back on your word, we won't judge though, because we know how ADs are, but good luck with not placing orders.

:glare: You guys are not boosting my confidence here!

I just bought some bay rum requisities.....a few days ago, I ordered a few decanted colognes, to sample different ones.

I find that since I've really stocked up nicely on soaps, razors and the like, I make little micro, sub-$70 purchases regualrly for different colognes, aftershaves, that sort of thing.

Not likely to stop soon.......

Chris

Um hm! I really do wish you success in this battle. On Friday, 20 August, it will be four years since I put out my last cigarette. Cold turkey I went and the money I might otherwise spend on tobacco today I spend on this curious hobby of ours. :001_tt1:

If I could stop a 30-per-day habit on will power alone, you can stop buying shave stuff.

But you better get outta this town, son, or your fall from the wagon will rock the foundations here! :001_tt2:

Thats a nice little travel kit you have set up. Now its time to embrace the AD's and work on your home shave den.:scared:

Top Bottom