What's new

Zits?

so badger & blade is correct, i am a wetshaver wannabe, im brand new to wet shaving and acquired my super adjustable for 50 cents not to long ago. did my first amazing shave which i loved, yet now, two days after my shave i am having more zits then normal. i would get one or two before with my 3-blade cartridge, but now i've got quite a bit more. is this because the blade i choose is not sharp enough (there dorco blades, cheap, so prolly pretty dull)? or too sharp? or am i just so excited to start wet shaving, that my hormones kicked in? any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but I'd venture to say that the breakout may have more to do with the soap, cream or aftershave that you're using than your blade choice. I'm assuming this also changed from when you used a cartridge?

Try a different soap or cream. If you want to try a new blade I would recommend Astra SP very sharp and smooth blade and you can usually get a 100 pk for about $10.00 on Amazon if you like them. As for a soap Proraso in the white tub is good for sensitive skin.

If you're not already, you might want to add alum to your post-shave routine. Alum is a good anti-microbial and has been used to treat acne. And it feels good on your skin, too.

Unless it is the same shave cream that you used with a cartridge, it may be the shave soap/cream you are using with your DE setup.

Using the alum post shave will help, as will adding some witch hazel into your routine. Both are great for your skin and are dirt cheap

You might be getting zits because you touch yourself.

I couldn't resist saying that, but there might be something to it.
Faceturbating has been discussed here.. a compulsion to run your hands over your face in awe of the shave you've had. It's a possibility, though there are more likely culprits here. Again, sorry, I just had to bring it up. :)

hahaha faceturbating! that probably is a big reason, cause i did faceturbate. i guess i probably should have said this before but i didn't think soap had to do with it, but i didn't use any kind of soap (my facial hair is not very thick in most areas, i am 24 fyi though so puberty zits are not the problem) i didnt use soap with the cartridge blade either though, and thats why i thought it would be fine to just not use soap again. but maybe its the very fact that i didn't use soap or anything to soften the hairs so i caused face bumps? but ok, i guess its going to be a sort of trial and error process of finding what will work best with my skin, and getting better at the whole shaving business. thank you all a lot!

Hi, clearing up my face was the big motivator for me getting into wetshaving. some of the sore spots are actually ingrowns. Switching to DE helped with that.
Here's also what I do: after shaving and drying off face, apply benzoyl peroxide cream (sold about everywhere, most is 10%) everywhere on your face that
tends to break out. It will dry you out, but if you need apply a facial cream (MUST be labeled as non-comodegenic) on top of the benzoyl peroxide.
This regimen has cleared me up 90-95%. I've also noticed that going for a really close shave even with a DE razor can produce some ingrowns so I settle for DFS.

Make sure you are rinsing your face very well when you are done. Not just, "okay I splashed water and now all the soap/cream is gone. Done." You might have some soap/cream residue left on your skin all day if you are not rinsing enough.

Faceturbating has been discussed here.. a compulsion to run your hands over your face in awe of the shave you've had. It's a possibility, though there are more likely culprits here. Again, sorry, I just had to bring it up. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you tell us. I frequently run my hands over my face in wonderment at the awesomeness of the shave I've just gotten. Now, can you tell me why I have this persistent hair growth on my palms?

Top Bottom