What's new

Your Top 5 brands/models of DE blades?

If you could only choose 5 types of DE razor blades what would the they be...

Please include Brand and Model (if applicable) :biggrin:

I only have used (4 brands thus far)::eek:

Merkur Plats
Feathers
Wilkinson Swords
Derby Extra's

Gillette Platinum Swedes (Surrey Version)
Gillette Platinum Swedes (Annecy Version with Q imprint on blade) These are older than the Surrey version.
Super Iridium
Kai

I have tried dozens of other brands but none of them rate in this top tier for me so I'll stop the list at 4. I find these 4 to be both smooth and sharp and they give me exceptional shaves. As for these top tier blades, I have stockpiled several hundred of each and so I'm set for my lifetime especially when I consider the increased straight razor usage I've been doing lately.

Gillette Platinum Swedes (Surrey Version)
Gillette Platinum Swedes (Annecy Version with Q imprint on blade) These are older than the Surrey version.

As for these top tier blades, I have stockpiled several hundred of each and so I'm set for my lifetime especially when I consider the increased straight razor usage I've been doing lately.

Stephen, should you ever feel the need to trim down on your stockpile, I'll be more than happy help relieve you of some Swedish G's :biggrin:

I'm having a hell of time finding any.

The rub is that there's probably crates of Swedes sitting in various random local Polish grocery stores in Poland. :mad:

--Dennis

Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge/Iridium Super
Shark Super Chrome
Gillette 7 O'Clock Perma Sharp
Feather
NOS Gillette Platinum (Swedes)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Astra Superior Platinum
Feather
Kai stainless
Supermax platinum
Red Personna

Gillette Platinum Plus
Gillette Platinum (Swede)
Gillette 7'o'clock SharpEdge (yellow/Russia)
Schick Plus Platinum
Gillette 7'o'clock PermaSharp (green/India)

In no particular order:

Gillette Yellow
Feather
IP Red

At this point that's all I'd need. I can use Crystals, Derby's, Astra's and several others but if I could keep the Den stocked with the three above I'd be perfectly happy.

Among the Indian blades,
Supermax,
Wilkinson Sword,
Lazer,
Vidyut,
Topaz

I consider Supermax to be as good as Swedish Gillette. Indian Wilkinson Sword is not only cheap but as good as Israeli Personna. Lazer is very similar to Wilkinson sword. Vidyut and Topaz are cheap and bad. The first three are certainly worth buying when in India. You won't believe how cheap they are!

I'll limit mine to blades currently available:

Super Iridium
Feathers
Red Pack Personna

I really miss the swedes.

My favorites are all old stock:

Wilkinson- Super Sword Edge (Canadian Distribution)
Personna (Made in Gr. Britain)
Personna 74 Tungsten
Schick Plus Platinum
Gillette Platinum Plus

Top Bottom