What's new

Your Top 3 Shaving Creams

Acca Kappa 1869 (in the tub, not the tube)
RazoRock King Louis
RazoRock Fresco

I consider these particular RazoRock products to be cream.

1. TOBS Jermyn St.
2. DR Harris Arlington (underrated and under the radar on B&B)
3. TOBS Avocado (moisturizing properties edges out CF Lime & Trumpers Coconut)

My Personal Top 16 of my favorite shaving creams:

1. Acqua Di Parma Pot - wonderful citric barbershop scent and excellent lather, screams luxury to your face.
2. Acca Kappa 1869 Pot - wondeful almond bakery scent and THICK perfect lather, ideal for sensitive and dry skin.
3. Santa Maria Novella Pot - fresh menthol & eucalyptus in a pot creates a fantastic lather, 25% better than its cousin - Proraso shaving cream.

--
4. Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort - this is the new formula from TF&H, creates a THICK, did I say THICK delicious creamy lather with subtle notes of lavender and citrus.
5. Castler Forbes Lavender
6. Castle Forbes Lime
7. Xpec
8. DR Harris Arlington
9. TOBS Jermyn Street
10. Fitjar Folgefonn
11. Penhaligon Blenheims Bouquet
12. AOS Sandalwood
13. AOS Lemon
14. DR Harris Marlborough
15. Penhaligon Endymion
16. Speick - best bang for your buck - excellent product for €5/$6 for a 75ml tube.

Last edited:
that is a great list Claus.

I can't narrow it down to three, so in no particular order

AK 1869
AOS sandalwood
NB Replenishing
CF lavender (the lime will probably be up here too if I get my hands on some)

I have never tried AdP or SMN. Scentwise I love T&H 1805 but the performance was nothing stellar. Good but nothing above the 4 I've mentioned.

My personal top three:

- Geo F. Trumper coconut cream: incredibly skin protection and hydratation, with long-lasting scent. What more you can need from a luxury shaving cream...
- Santa Maria Novella: really good properties, almost like Trumper coconut, with the most elegant mint-like scent I know. And it's "hard" texture makes it really easy to foam and long-lasting. A shame the expensive price...
- Speick: probably the best shaving cream you can use for its price. A bit lower than the other two but much cheaper.

Cheers!

1. I do include RazoRock. "Cream-y" enough for me. And Fresco or XXX---when I use it I wonder why I ever use anything else.
2. KMF---any flavor, esp. fresh mint or patchouli. Slick and mild, it give close, comfy shaves and moisturizes.
3. Musgo Real...I personally almost crave the scent. It shaves close, too.

Bio Palmrya-Best by far
TOMS mint- discontinued but still amazing
Nancy Boy

All three are amazing and have no need for any type of AS to follow. They are all that good. Bio Palmrya is the best of the best. Yes there is many other greats but these 3 stand out.

GFT Eucris - I just got a tube of this and loving it
GFT Almond - my first cream so I have a soft spot for it
C&E Nomad - good lather, nice scent

As I read all this, chuckling, I remember what Chris once said: ask for your favorite "X" of anything and you'll get a list of just about everything ever made. There are so many products that address many variables: scent, cushion, comfort, packaging, availability, price, the quality of your water, your brush, your technique, experience, bowl vs face, straight vs DE, straight and DE vs cartridge, skin sensitivities, how you were raised, your nationality, your beard, product loyalty... and etc. There are some very good products that seem to emerge as the most popular, but I've found you just need to keep trying stuff (hunting is fun!) until you find the one(s) you like most. Once that happens, you can put some of the AD's to rest and just enjoy what works best for you, with the knowledge, of course, that there are zillions of things to choose from when you want to try something else. You can hunt any time you like.

1) Palmolive Menthol -- Highly underrated IMHO
2) Prorasso Green/CO Bigelow
3) TOBS Avocado

**I could very easily rank Nancy Boy in that list as well**

***I know other have done so, BUT if I were to count Razorock croaps in the mix, then Razorock Classic would be #1 in this category for me***

As I read all this, chuckling, I remember what Chris once said: ask for your favorite "X" of anything and you'll get a list of just about everything ever made. There are so many products that address many variables: scent, cushion, comfort, packaging, availability, price, the quality of your water, your brush, your technique, experience, bowl vs face, straight vs DE, straight and DE vs cartridge, skin sensitivities, how you were raised, your nationality, your beard, product loyalty... and etc. There are some very good products that seem to emerge as the most popular, but I've found you just need to keep trying stuff (hunting is fun!) until you find the one(s) you like most. Once that happens, you can put some of the AD's to rest and just enjoy what works best for you, with the knowledge, of course, that there are zillions of things to choose from when you want to try something else. You can hunt any time you like.

+1 +1 +1 +1 ^^^^^^^^

I agree - but this whole forum and many like this would be some what redundant if we all just tested every single product out there and didn't ask for help and advice :a21:

But as many times as YMMV is used in here, I still basically have to agree with what you say - what works for person A might just not work for person B. It's as simple as that really :smartass:

Top Bottom