What's new

Your Favorite Tallow-Based Soap?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I haven't tried all that many soaps but I can say i very much prefer tallow. I've used Williams since the 1960's and still have a preference for it. I've got a dozen sticks of Arko to use up. Arko gives a superb lather but Williams seems to me to have better slip. The Caswell Massey in the wooden bowl was OK but I believe my very favorite was the old Palmolive in the tube which isn't made any longer. I wonder if the European Palmolives are similar.

Williams is my favorite that is still manufactured. I have to say that I'm not into spending big bucks for what I consider a utilitarian product.

I do intend to give Cella try eventually. I really like almond.

I love the smell of Palmolive in the morning!

proxy.php

I'd say it's a tie between AoS and Valobra. Art of Shaving for the traditional aspect of using a puck of soap and Valobra because shaving sticks are darn easy to use.

Wool Fat and (maybe) Czech and Speake will be on my Christmas list so my opinions might change.

Not in order..

Art of Shaving
Czech & Speake
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Prairie Creations
Tabac
Irisch Moos
Palmolive Stick
Speick Stick
Valobra Stick
Arko Stick

My favorite shaving soap is pretty much any tallow-based soap. In no particular order: MWF, Cella, Valobra stick, Williams (yes, Williams, vintage and current), DRH Arlington, Old Spice (vintage), Surrey (vintage), and Tabac. Of those, Tabac is probably my least favorite because of the scent. Surrey is what I used this morning. I haven't tried AOS or Czech & Speake. Yet.

Top Bottom