What's new

Your BEST shot

Not my best but one I have on this computer (pics are kept on another one). I took this last week at the Flight 800 Memorial on Long Island (Smith Point Beach).

I like this one...wish I hadn't unintentionally cut out the first flag (USA), it was a tough angle for the neck. :glare:

Each glad represents the nationality of each victim of the terrorist attack.

proxy.php

Another:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Not my best as it is so hard to choose a "best" shot, but a shot of "you had to be there to see this". This was taken in Puerto Spain in 1999 with a Pentax ME Super and Kalimar 500mm lens using ISO 100 Fuji film. This was an actual matador (the red color of his cape separates the matadors from the matadors in training), and he did walk away.

proxy.php

Dave

I think this one is my best. I took it last spring not far from where I live. On the windswept plains of southern Saskatchewan, the prairie crocus is often the first living thing to poke it's head out of the ground. They usually bloom around Easter. I was fortunate enough to find a whole field of them.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I think these fotos, taken on the same day, so far, have been the most interesting that I have taken. Certainly, it was a peaceful day and I shared it with my son. Washington was new. The moss was everywhere. The earth was just fantastically...earthy.

Several years before I had moved to Washington, I had a made ceramic mask of a womans face with tree roots as her hair, and then a tree growing out the top of her head. Nestled in the branches was a smaller mask, a babies face, bronze/gold glaze. I remember I had to wear a special respirator mask to apply the glaze. It was a featured ceramics display at a college in Texas, dry, dry no tree Texas..lol... That particular piece was injured in a minor rumbling earthquake several months after we moved to Washington, and I still have the pieces, but haven't yet glued them back. The babies mask was spared (Phew). Mostly the limbs broke.

And then, voila, several years go by, no longer in Texas, and there were my tree roots, and there was my son in the tree. It was an incredible day for me, seeing how it all came together.

(I'd have bunch of different smilies in here..but the smiley bar is not working for me..sigh...)

My best razor shot. . .

I recently upgraded my camera to a Coolpix P300, which is quite impressive for a point-and-shoot. (No RAW, if that makes a difference; however it's intended as a back-up camera to a forthcoming DSLR.)

I took the shot on a sheet of white paper, underneath a patio door. I liked the light, which was diffused but quite bright. I've been playing around with shadow on my razor shots, and this one came out in the right place. I also wanted to show the differences between the Old Type and NEW gillette ball-end handle razors:

proxy.php

Gillette Old Type, NEW

Ok...I'm by no means a photographer, but I really enjoy shooting pictures. Nothing the quality of what's been posted, but these are my personal faves:

In order....my grandson, granddaughter, friends kid, and my new puppy. The first one is my absolute favorite....perhaps one of my best shots. He was drinking out of the sprinkler....I got down on my belly about two feet away and shot a bunch of pics while he was bubbling away!

Actually....it was a ton of fun. I have a small book of shots (5-7) from that, and they are all pretty golden. He completely ignored me while I was doing it, which made it all the more candid. Thanks for the compliment btw...nice to hear from someone who shoots as nice of shots as you!

Actually....it was a ton of fun. I have a small book of shots (5-7) from that, and they are all pretty golden. He completely ignored me while I was doing it, which made it all the more candid. Thanks for the compliment btw...nice to hear from someone who shoots as nice of shots as you!
O, thanks. That's kind.

I'm getting better at watch photography. That sounds like boasting, but I mean it in the sense of better than I was. It's all relative.

I took these earlier today and I'm quite happy with how they turned out, because I'm figuring out how to use light in photographs.

proxy.php

Seiko 66-8050

proxy.php

Seiko 66-0010

And no, I can't play the piano, unfortunately. My youngest can sit there and make music come out of it, and she's never had a lesson - we've got to get her some tuition before she learns bad habits.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Photography is one of my hobbies.
A few of my favorites that I have taken. Don't really have a favorite though:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I'm getting better at watch photography. That sounds like boasting, but I mean it in the sense of better than I was. It's all relative.

I took these earlier today and I'm quite happy with how they turned out, because I'm figuring out how to use light in photographs.

proxy.php

Seiko 66-0010

And no, I can't play the piano, unfortunately. My youngest can sit there and make music come out of it, and she's never had a lesson - we've got to get her some tuition before she learns bad habits.

Thats a wonderful foto.

Photography is one of my hobbies.
A few of my favorites that I have taken. Don't really have a favorite though:

proxy.php

Those colors are great in the 2 trees foto. Wow. Were the colors enhanced or? How do I get my camera to do THAT? :lol:

I like your other fotos as well.

I'm enjoying this thread.:001_smile

Top Bottom